Our new name and logo!
It has been full steam ahead at the Aquarium construction site these past months! Progress is visible daily.
The most exciting news we have for this report is that an official decision has been taken regarding the name of the new Aquarium:
The Gottesman Family Israel Aquarium, Jerusalem
– and we now have a logo that will soon become recognizable as the mark of one of Israel’s leading wildlife education and conservation institutions
As far as construction and other progress is concerned, we’re pleased to report that:
- Most of the acrylic tank “window” panels have been installed on site. This was a task of some magnitude as the panels are large and heavy and need to be handled with the utmost care. The only remaining panels are the very large Mediterranean Sea exhibit panel and underwater tunnel plus some miscellaneous smaller tanks. We are expecting the shipment to arrive in the coming weeks. This is very significant because, once the last of these panels has been installed, we will be able to close the roof of the building, complete the waterproofing and sealing of the tanks, and fill the tanks with water for the first time!
- The Breeding and Quarantine area is almost complete with the installation of all of the holding tanks.
- The tank interiors are rapidly taking shape with the backdrop designs being implemented daily.
- Educational signage content and design is continuing – a very important process because the entire mission of this project is to educate visitors about the importance of valuing and conserving our precious aquatic habitats.
We look forward to reporting on more progress in the coming months.
With thanks and appreciation for your continued support,
Team Aquarium at the Jerusalem Biblical Zoo
The huge acrylic window panels arrive on site
Installing acrylic window panels for each tank
Breeding and quarantine facility almost complete!
Tank interior theming in progress
Interior of the large Red Sea exhibit is complete