GCC coding training in Al Fatah
“At first, when I came to this course, it seemed very difficult. I did not think that I would learn all lessons and all these codes but after some time, the lessons became interesting and I was able to assimilate all the content. Now I have finished HTML and I can design basic HTML pages and giving style to them. I am really happy that the Womanity Foundation gives us this opportunity to study coding in a safe area and to have female teachers”. a student from the Coding class.
Thanks to your wonderful support, the program completed another year with the following results:
- A total of 564 students completed a high-quality training (206 studying English, 210 studying ICT and 148 studying Coding);
- 6 role models talked to our students in person or via conference calls about their experience as women working in the IT sector in Afghanistan and across the world;
- 6 university students are continuing successfully their higher studies in computer science thanks to our scholarships;
- 81 students completed an entire cycle of the GCC course, by studying English, ICT and Coding
- 14 internships for GCC graduates in various sectors such as Web Design, Finance, IT, Marketing or Administration were carried out;
An external evaluator has confirmed that students have expressed increased feelings of self-worth, self-efficacy and self-confidence. Also, more and more students wish to enter the Tech sector after having completed one of the courses.
“Becoming a professional web-developer is one of my dreams; I saw some of movies about it. I thus wanted to know how to code. I started to code in GCC project. Now I can build a simple website page by my own. I am very thankful for my teachers and Womanity’s preparation of this great opportunity for Afghan Girls.” Coding student
“I am very thankful from Womanity and its team for the great program implemented in this school. As a father it is my responsibility to support my daughter in her education. However, due to our unfavourable financial situation, my family isn’t able to take full responsibility for her education. This program is therefore is a big help our daughter since I am confident that my daughter studies in a safe environment and has a polite and good female teacher. I am glad the Foundation extended the classes to a winter program.” Father from an ICT student
Womanity thanks you for your precious support to contribute to a vocational training enhancing young Afghan women’s education in the Tech field!