Client Clementine Uzabakiriho and her family
Your support has helped us develop a number of product innovations that bring even more opportunities to families trying to work themselves out of poverty.
Product innovations open doors and protect against loss. Loan officers work closely with clients to ensure they have the right services to build thriving businesses.
- The life insurance and funeral benefit coverage launched last year has been well received by clients. Over 150,000 clients are receiving this protection that aims to lessen the burden on families during a time of bereavement, up from 30,000 at the start of 2012.
- A Children’s Savings Account was launched as an ideal way for parents to save money for their children’s education expenses.
- Clients gave positive feedback across focus groups conducted to gather feedback on new products that have been designed to serve the expressed needs of clients, including: Home Improvement Loans, Emergency Loans, Secondary Student Loans and Premier Life Insurance.
Training bridges a critical information gap. To achieve our vision to face poverty alleviation in a holistic way, Opportunity Rwanda delivered training to 7,000 clients, including the family pictured left, during the first half of 2012. In addition to financial inclusion with a broad range of customized product and services, the bank delivers life-changing information through its Holistic Life Improvement modules. The 60 modules cover three broad subjects including:
Business Management Modules: Plan For Better Business, Manage Your Business Finances, Increase Your Sales
Household Financial Management Modules: Using Wisdom in Saving, Plan For Better Health, Using Health Care Services
Health Management Modules: Confronting Malaria in Our Community, Preventing HIV/AIDS: It Is Our Choice, Diarrhea: Its Management and Prevention
During weekly meetings, many other important non-financial informational training sessions that promote transformation are addressed:
- Building self-esteem and confidence through leadership development
- Values enhancement through reflection, and discussion
- Increasing awareness in social and environmental concerns
- Networking and sharing business knowledgeToday I will share the Word at UOB Devotion. The message is titled "Every spiritual blessing IN CHRIST." It is the third of the series "IN CHRIST" which is the management and spiritual theme for UOB in 2012. May the good Lord bless us through the message.
Thank you for all your support that helps make this possible!