While crises were happening in the Horn of Africa, and continue even today, you have helped to save and change the lives for many men, women, children - and whole communities - in this part of the world.
Because of your compassion and generosity we were able to achieve so much in 2012. You made change possible!
The accomplishments shared below are a testament to the more than 70,000 donors (including you!) who’ve made this work possible. Because of you this is what we were able to do in the Horn of Africa as well as other parts of the world:
- In Somalia, we helped more than 1.9 million people survive the Horn of Africa’s drought and famine by providing food, safe drinking water, clean sanitation facilities and protection for vulnerable women and girls in displacement camps.
- In Ethiopia, our mobile health teams brought emergency food and medical care to more than 27,000 malnourished children in remote villages.
- Our loans helped 193 Japanese entrepreneurs get back to business and provide jobs after their enterprises were damaged or destroyed by the 2011 tsunami.
- In Iraq, we taught 5,500 women to read — and learn their rights in a newly democratic country.
- We staved off malnutrition in 23,585 Guatemalan mothers and infants.
To show our appreciation, we have put together a slideshow to share how much we were able to accomplish because of your contribution. Check out how you have changed and transformed lives!
And if you haven't received a free 2013 Mercy Corps calendar we still have some left! Just e-mail your address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily send you one!
On behalf of the millions of people our work has touched this year, thank you!