Aerial view of the school location
Glory Eduaction Center in Kiambiu slums has 60 children and the number is steadly grown. It has one classroom and the learning which also serve as dinning tables cant cater for all the children.
The project activities included:
- collecting the desk and handing them to the center
- As part of the ongoing activities we carried out home visits to check on the progress of the children and update their profiles.
- We identified new case in the slum that need to be included on the programm at the center
while carring out the above activities we encountered the following challenges
- Accesing the center was and still is a big drawback-its in a slum and the raining is under way, coupled by a poor road network. Due to this half of the children had not reported back.
- Wrong commuinty perception about the project was a hindrance for us to effectively carry out home visits.
- the children feeding programe had its own chalenges- meal preparation takes long due to insuficient equipment
In conclusion the organisation and the center acknowledges that none of this would be posible without your continious surport.
The school administration, the children and their parents are so greatfull to you. I pass their heart felt 'thank you' to you.
happy children on their new desks
center staff prepraing a meal for the children
The school structure.....
project leader handing over some of the desks