Last month, 8 students from the Mbaracayu Educational Center were selected to represent Paraguay in this year's Homeless World Cup to take place in Paris, France, from the 21st to the 28th of August.
These girls were drawn from the entire student body of the Mbaracayu Ed Center, a girls-only school comprised of around 144 adolescents. After announcing the 11 shortlisted players in June, last month the candidates worked even harder to make it to the team.
The players that make up Team Paraguay were selected not only for their football talent, but more importantly, for their leadership skills, attitudes and motivation towards this annual world cup of street soccer. They are:
- Nancy Beatriz Florentín, 17 yrs old
- Julia Clavelina Ortiz Busto, 16 yrs old
- María Montserrat Oviedo Quintana, 17 yrs old
- Sandra Delicia Aguilar Giménez, 17 yrs old
- Dora Elizabeth Galeano Galeano, 16 yrs old
- Marta Mercedes Noguera, 18 yrs old
- Ylsialini Battro Dávalos, 16 yrs old
- Bianca Carolina Soares Zucon, 17 yrs old
Please support Team Paraguay get to Paris in a few week's time. The team is looking for donations to cover certain expenses such as passport issuance, football gear and equipment, first-aid kit, among others.
Your support can really make a difference in these girls' quest to transform their lives through football, team work and shared goals.
We take this opportunity to thank our recurring donors for their continued support.
Team Paraguay finishing up a training session