Friends enjoying community at Sarah's Circle!
Sarah's Circle works to empower women who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. We must offer a comprehensive range of services to meet the needs of our diverse clients. Case Managers consider the multitude of resources that could be helpful to each of the nearly 1,000 women that walk through our doors each year. Here is a glimpse of the women we welcome with dignity and respect:
• 100% of clients are low-income women, and approximately 54% have no income;
• 100% face a shortage of affordable housing;
• 92% are survivors of physical or sexual trauma;
• 81% are between the ages of 31 and 61;
• 75% are racial or ethnic minorities;
• 46% struggle with severe and persistent mental illness;
• 32% are survivors of domestic violence;
• 29% are chronically homeless;
• 28% have chronic medical conditions;
• 25% use alcohol or substances;
• 14% have a physical disability;
• 9% have a criminal record; and
• 1% have HIV/AIDS.
Sarah's Circle is unique in that we minimize the barriers to entry so that we can provide support to ANY woman in need. We accept each woman as she is and work with her to rebuild her life.