I thought it'd be interesting to get Karunaprabha (the leader of this project in Pune) to share her thoughts about aspects of the project. She kindly answered a series of questions for me, which I'll be sharing with you in the next few weeks!
Question: What do you see as the biggest successes that you have seen in your work?
1. First of all, our efforts mean that we've been successful in creating a supportive environment where the girls can build their self-esteem and confidence.
2. Another big change has been the fact they they all eat healthy food now, and they know about the impact of food on their well-being.
3. It's lovely to see them all interact with one another and make friends - so different to the isolation that many faced before.
4. A major step has been how girls are becoming financially empowered through having done vocational training.
5. The girls really are becoming agents in their own lives, participating in decision-making over issues that affect their own lives.