I thought it'd be interesting to get Karunaprabha (the leader of this project in Pune) to share her thoughts about aspects of the project. She kindly answered a series of questions for me, which I'll be sharing with you in the next few weeks!
Question: What do you see as the biggest successes that you have seen in your work?
1. First of all, our efforts mean that we've been successful in creating a supportive environment where the girls can build their self-esteem and confidence.
2. Another big change has been the fact they they all eat healthy food now, and they know about the impact of food on their well-being.
3. It's lovely to see them all interact with one another and make friends - so different to the isolation that many faced before.
4. A major step has been how girls are becoming financially empowered through having done vocational training.
5. The girls really are becoming agents in their own lives, participating in decision-making over issues that affect their own lives.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.