June 2011 has an average month in terms of PWDs being hired, but other activities pertaining to the employment programme took place.
A total number of 9 PWDs were placed in employment. 2 organizations from the banking sector were met, and resulted in them committing to hire PWDs from NOWPDP.
What was achieved this month?
- 9 candidates were selected in total in various companies.
- Out of the 21 CVs sent, 2 candidates are awaiting response for the month of June
- A total number of 21 CVs were sent to various companies for interviews
What are we proud of?
Catcos, an outsourcing call center company, invited NOWPDP and held a certificate distribution event, and complimented us for our employment generation programme.
The event also supported us by getting us connected to the president of P@SHA (Pakistan Software Houses Association) who is keen to partner with NOWPDP in future to find employment for people with disabilities in the IT industry.
What companies did we meet, or that agreed to take PWDs?
2 companies in the banking sector were met: United Bank Limited, Bank Al Habib
- Number of companies met 2 (planned: 2)
- Number of applicant CVs sent to employers: 21 (planned: 20)
- Number of applicants selected but not started: 2
- Number of applicants placed: 9 (planned: 10)