Artistic Milliners employee - Abdul Rasheed
Summary of Achievements:
February has been a slow month. Most of the people who started during this month are the ones who were supposed to have started employment in January to reach our target of 10 placements per month.
A meeting was held with KFC, who already run an outlet in Karachi with hearing impaired staff. They seem to be positive about making further inductions.
Agha’s supermarket was also contacted and they pledged but later due to concerns with the length of work shifts, it was decided to not place candidates there.
What was achieved this month?
- 5 people with disabilities commenced employment-3 placements were made at Gul Ahmed Textiles, while 2 were placed at Artistic Milliners.
What are we proud of?
- A random evaluation of 3 deaf persons was held for future employments.
What companies did we meet, or that agreed to take PWDs?
- NOWPDP staff met with KFC and mutually agreed upon the placements of PWDs in future
- A visit was made to Artistic Milliners to interview the PWDs on the job and inquire about their job satisfaction.
- Number of companies met: 1 (Planned: 2)
- Number of applicant CVs sent to employers: 7(Planned: 20)
- Number of applicants selected but not commenced: 2
- Number of applicants commencing employment: 5
Artistic Milliners employee - Joseph
Artistic Milliners employee - Khurram Shahzad
Artistic Milliners employee - Mazhar Ali
Artistic Milliners employee - Sibtain