Baldev Bhangi working
Youth Employability Programs (YEP)
From: April 2012 to June 2012
Total Trained: 728
Total Placed: 326
Total Undergoing: 860
Objective: To impart skills, training and employment to the youth.
Introduction about Programs:
The courses selected for the programs are also a result of market research and need assessment program from the community itself. The courses which are run in these training centres are:
- Computer hardware
The entire above mentioned program is for entry level jobs. We also provide them placement assistance.
The sector has been divided into formal and non-formal trainings:
1. Under non formal trainings:
- Bosch non formal sector job trainings
2. Formal training programs:
For non-formal trainings, SAATH has collaborated with APOLLO and Bosch India Foundation as they both are well known for their qualitative and effective work. They use their expertise in providing opportunity to impart training about safety standards. For formal trainings we have collaborated with Government of Gujarat, American India Foundation and Rajasthan Mission of Livelihood.
- Innovations of the program:
- To impart skills, trainings and employment to vulnerable youth we have adopted strategies like door to door marketing, approach through field level outreach and distribution of pamphlets for increasing the enrollment.
- Under the Youth Employability program SAATH have taken up different type of trainings in which women and differently abled person were also included. Different types of trainings are:
- Classroom training
- Practical training
- Safety training- through Bosch Rexroth employee engagement
- Finance training
- Life skill trainings
As a value addition for youth SAATH have organized guest lectures on:
- Health care
- Information on computers and internet
- Motivational aspects
For the persons with disability sensitization lecture is also organized, to take more and more differently abled student sensitized parents are also included for the lecture.
- A road show was organized in order to generate awareness about the training program. A team has been trained and oriented that mobilizes students throughout the year for all centers. SAATH have road show team which works closely with faculty to mobilize students for each centers. The road shows were organized in the Behrampura, Usmanpura and Vasna.
- Every trainee under the youth employability programs have received placement assistance.
- Due to regular community mobilization and visits to families many families in the area have become more aware of the various opportunities for youth and are encouraging their children to join the courses.
- Certificate Distribution: For appreciating student’s work certificates are also distributed. The reward and recognition initiative was to give faculty and centers a boost and motivate them to achieve targets with quality.
- Advocacy:This provides various benefits such as education to children, medical, training, insurance, financial help for construction and purchase of house, etc. to the people who are associated with the informal sectors.
- Initiative in rural areas: SAATH have initiated working in rural areas for Youth Employability Program for which collaborated with American India Foundation. The motive of the program is to run employer linked programs. In the last three months, SAATH have established some centres in Pisawada, Ghoda, Rupawati, Wasva, Saragwada and Roopgadh area and also started a vocational training program for the non-formal sector jobs like stitching, carpentry and embroidery. SAATH have in total 138 students taking trainings in the above mentioned centres.
SAATH has achieved and gone beyond the target set out for the year 2011-12. Currently SAATH has been requested by multiple nagarpalikas to restart the Umeed program across Gujarat.
Finding a job as a differently abled person is always a challenge. Through SAATH’s special 4 day training, he improved his self-confidence immmensely. He was offered a job at Steachman with a salary of Rs.3000. Baldev sums up his experience at SAATH as “I have been really touched by this experience and in the future, I would like to help other such youth and show them the right path.”
Quotes from Participants:
1) Laxmi Prajapati says “I am very excited to be offered a job by Evangetech (a BPO). I have a family of six and this income will really help them. I will now be earning INR 5,719 per month. I came to know about the job fair from a friend and I am glad that I came here. I am leaving from here with an offer letter in my hand.”
2) Jitendra Mahendrabhai Sathwara says “From masonry training program, my self confidence is gained. My family income is increased for which I am thankful to Saath Charitable Trust and Bosch India Foundation.”
3) “I have great experience both of UMEED & at Anand Hospital & she is thankful for center’s services” says Suman Dilipkumar Prajapati, 19 years, UMEED Ahmedabad
4) “Now I have a direction, I have learnt lot from UMEED & at present from my work place & I will be move forward in my field. I want to say thanks a lot to SAATH for running a Youth Employability Programs like UMEED in affordable fees with training & Placement. From the bottom of my heart I want to thank my center for providing me such a training & Placement. This means lot to me. Now I also can contribute little bit financially to my family which gives me a great joy.” says Neeta Koshti, 19 years, TALLY student, UMEED, Ahmedabad.
marketing campaign for the youth