the elder group take Lunch
01. Project Name : Aged home for neglected elder person’s safe accommodation and food
02. Duration of the project : 3 months
03. Implementing organization : ROSI FOUNDATION, India
04. Project Area : ROSI ELDER HOME, Jeeva Nagar, Illuppur – 622102, Pudukkottai district, Tamil Nadu state, India
05. Brief Description: In this duration, we have supported for 28 elder persons. Food, clothes, medicine, recreation and accommodation have been provided. They are free of the feeling of isolation. They are now with a group of aged persons in the home with happiness in sharing their thoughts and problems. They are under care and support in the home. Their health problems are solved and they are free from hunger.
06. Activities Taken:
a. Food and health provision – 28 persons have been given by 3 times food and two times tea/snack daily.
b. Recreation provision- Caram board and Chess with TV, News paper and Magazine as recreation and playing.
c. Health provision – Health check up has been done three times in the duration. Training on Health education on sanitation, hygienic and diet were given. YOGA training was given
d. Accommodation – Psychological counseling have been given by a staff Ms.ASHA, MSW
07. Spot light of a elder: Mr.Muthu was a orphan without children and relations. He came to the home in 2010 and was staying in our home till 12.06.2012. He expired on 12.06.2012.
We have supported him with Food, clothes, medicine, recreation and accommodation. He was free of the feeling of isolation. He was with a group of aged persons in the home with happiness in sharing their thoughts and problems. Their health problems were solved and they are free from hunger.
In his death, we have made Interment work like what is done to other people with relation and son.
08. Conclusion: From the project, we are thanking to GlobalGiving Foundation as first and then to all donors of the project. The staff and volunteers are involved in this project, are thanked.
We are in need of donation to the support of 27 elder Persons continuously. Further an own building support is required. We believe and request that the charitable minded people will help the programme through GlobalGiving.
Mrs.Kasthuri an inmate getting monthly provision
An inmate Mrs.Chellamal receiving cloth
Mr.Muthu, who expired recently (spotlight story)