We are privileged to share with you, our partners, the success we had last year, when we set TWO main objectives:
1. Implement SPARK methodology in the Educational Area:
Our beneficiaries were part of Physical Education lessons through an American Program (USA), which was adapted not only to Our country but also to each place, region, and culture where it was implemented. For example, when we taught about music, the participants had the opportunity to connect with their our music, like Dancing “Vallenatos” in Cartagena, “Reggae" in San Andrés and “Joropo” in Villavicencio.
The methodology caused great impact on children's attention and their participation in each class was growing. The teachers were very happy and totally satisfied seeing the progress of the beneficiaries in their discipline, commitment, punctuality and their fitness.
2. Strengthen each of our areas (Educational, Sports and Recreational) through the Values Program:
- Educational Area: SPARK handles many activities that develop social skills in children. These activities and the work of our psychologists and social workers were fundamental to result in better performance in our beneficiaries.
- Sports Area: through the methodology “Sport for Peace and Education” our children didn’t fight when they were in the field. They didn’t argue violently about mistakes the other’s made. "They shared the ball" to girls and younger kids, they didn´t said bad words, they helped others in diferents occasions when necessary. The Beneficiaries of Formula Smiles play fair!
- Recreational Area: recruiting social workers allowed the children found a new best friend and in addittion to the recreational activities they had with their families and the community, they received an specialized care to solve their family problems so they could improve their relationships.
This year objective was not to grow in the number of beneficiaries while we improved our programs but despite that, our coverage did not decrease and instead of that we had more children interested in being part of our Foundation which shows us the great impact we has made in the community so more people want to improve their quality of life through sports
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.
This project is no longer accepting donations.
Still want to help?
Find another project in
that needs your help.