01. Project Name : EDUCATIONAL HELPS TO WIDOW’S CHILD FROM DROPOUT
02. Duration of the project : 3 months
03. Implementing organisation : ROSI FOUNDATION, India
04. Project Area : Pudukkottai district, Thiruvarur district and Nagapattinam district in Tamil Nadu state, India
05. Brief Description : In this duration, we have supported for 12 children of widows by $ 444 donation obtained. The mother was motivated on children education and development. After their husband, the mothers are isolated from community and families without care and support. Most of the places, widows are seen as sin of life and so they are not treated as good and equal with other. In other ways, exploitation by sex and economical take places on the women and children. So in this support the children are freed from the affection and already we have been economically promoting the widows women through life skill training and self business support. In the coming months, the remaining children will be supported.
06. Activities Taken :
- Meetings with the mother 50 widow mother were counseled on their children education and importance. We explained that children education was important, although poverty and crisis are taking place. The education only would protect her children and the life. We discussed with them on childhood enjoyment and prevention from school dropout, childlabour creation and trafficking victims. Especially the girl child affection as sex abuse, exploitation and victims in life by the childlabour engagement and trafficking was clearly explained with some example. The women asked some questions on trafficking and its impact. We cleared them with example that how children are taken bribing the parents in to trafficking and then they are fallen under organs theft, sexual exploitation and victims.
The women realized the conditions and importance of education and assured that they would send their children continuously.
- Distribution of school supplies in this period of 3 month, 12 children of widows were supported by note books, notes, geometry box, sketch pencils, chart, pen, pencil, school bag, uniform, normal dress-2sets and shoe for one year. These are sufficient to their education needs and so they are going to school without crisis. Their mothers also are sending them schools and free of burden on their children education. So the breaking of education/dropout is prevented among 12 children in this year. Similar supports will be continued to them for further years too and the children life will be protected from drop and trafficking victims. Their education and development will take place.
07. Spot light of a family: Ms.Mary is a widow with three children after her husband. She was fallen under poverty and isolation of community and family. She was also under exploitation and sex torture in the working place and from some other people. She contacted ROSI FOUNDATION and requested skill training. Web offered skill training to her in Garments making by six month. After the training, she was provided by a sewing machine with accessories. She earns $3 daily. It is very useful to her life survival but the three children’s education could be not spared from the earning. So she requested support for her one child on his education and further told that she could stop him from education and send to work. We provided him one year educational needs and now he is going to school. The mother is thanking to ROSI FOUNDATION and the donor.
08. Conclusion: From the project, we are thanking to Global Giving Foundation as first and then to all donors of the project. The staff and volunteers are involved in this project, are thanked.
We are in need of donation to the support of 758 children. Further 320 children require bi-cycle supports. We believe and request that the charitable minded people will help the programme through Global Giving.