Jilebi eating competition
Dear Donors & Supporters ,
We are thankful for your donation and support for our project.
We are delighted to share some of the important activities we have held under our project’ Holistic Development for 300 Poor Kids in India’.
- Ø Pre and post tests in Study centers:
- o In our study centers we focus on improving the basic learning skills of children . Every year we do conduct pre & post tests to assess the achievement levels of the beneficiary children. The result has been very encouraging to continue the work we do with slight modification to improve the activity . Apart from the improvement in academics our children showed remarkable increase in their all round development.
- Ø Academic result :
- o The academic result was also very encouraging for us. The overall result is as mentioned below:-
14.3 % children secured marks between 91-100%,
19.2%children scored marks between 81-90%,
26.2% children scored marks between 71-80%,
14.1% children scored marks between 61-70 %,
16.3% children scored marks between 51-60% and
9.4%secured marks between 41-50% .
- Ø Aid distribution:
- o Consistently for the third year , Sevasahayog an NGO in Pune supported IDEA by providing School bag , notebooks and stationary . The volunteers- busy professionals- make it a point to meet the children, interact and motivate them to do well in studies as well as to be good citizens . Similarly a CSR initiative of an IT company too supported IDEA with school materials. This enabled us to provide School materials all the 408 children attending our study centers.
- Ø Annual Felicitation Programme:
- o Every year we felicitate our children for their remarkable progress in studies, sports / arts. We also look forward for the felicitation program as a platform to express our sincere thanks to our supporters as well . We awarded Systems Plus volunteers as ‘ Best Corporate volunteer’ , Dr. Hansa as ‘ Best Individual Volunteer’, Aakash & Mugda as ‘ Best Interns’ , Savita as ‘ Best teacher-IDEA’ , Vilas & Sandhya as ‘ Best community supporters” and felicitated a few motivated parents and school teachers.
- Ø Independence Day celebrations :
- o IDEA foundation celebrated 15th August, our 66th Independence Day in all the study centres. In one location at Gopal Vasti, Hadapsar, the celebration was held with lots of enthusiasm and spirit with the involvement of the volunteers from Systems Plus – an IT company and active participation of the people from the community. IDEA’s social workers Sunita & Kanchan arranged the programme in association with Mr. Vilas Jadhav from Gopal Vasti. The activity started at 11am by National anthem. After that there were various fun games, picture colouring competition for 1st & 2nd std children and drawing competition for 3rd to 7th children. The children participated with full enthusiasm. After that there was prize distribution for winners. The children also received gifts and snacks, sponsored by Systems Plus. The programme was enjoyed not only by the children but the social workers, volunteers and community people.
- Ø Entry level activities in a few rural areas.
- o IDEA started many initiatives in a few rural areas in Haveli & Bhor Talukas in Pune.
- o In Mandvi & Sangrun in Haveli Talukas, we are focusing on Early Childhood Care & Education ( ECCE) and enhancing the quality of primary education in a few Govt schools. We have distributed school materials and held a drawing , flower bouquet making and elocution competitions for children in the primary schools in these locations as our entry level activities.
- Ø An exposure visit with a difference- visit to a special school
- o With the twin intention of celebrating Rakshabandhan with special need children and sensitising our sponsored children on the difficulties faced by their mentally challenged friends , we had organized a program in association with Jeevanjyot- a special school.
- o The school authorities gave warm welcome to the children and IDEA staff. The founder trustee gave an overview of Jeevan Jyot School. The special friends performed a drill while the children from IDEA performed a prayer and later on tied ‘ rakhis’, they have made for their special brothers. The ceremony was very warm & touchy. They also distributed sweets to their brothers.
An Appeal :-
Dear donors, we express our sincere thanks to you for supporting this project.
We need regular funds as we have started work in a few rural areas in Haveli & Bhor Taluka in Pune, in addition to the slums in Pune city.
Our beneficiary coverage during FY 2011-12 & our target for FY 2012-13 are :-
Coverage during 2011-12s:-
1. Children – 5000
2. Youth – 1000
3. Women – 1000
4. Population coverage - 80,000.
Target for FY 2012-13 :-
1. Children – 7000
2. Youth – 1500
3. Women – 1500
4. Population coverage - 200,000.
Happy Independence day
A volunteer with children
Visit to a special school
Rakhis for brothers