Peter & the Wolf come to the Zoo!
Hello Jerusalem Biblical Zoo supporters!
Spring and Summer are busy periods here at the Zoo with people from all of Israel's diverse communities coming out to enjoy the warmer weather. While they are here, we take every opportunity to educate them in a fun and beautiful atmosphere about our fascinating animals and the habitats they come from as well as about the important work being done towards conserving our precious natural environments. Visitors also learn more about how they can be kinder to the environment and live greener lives every day.
Special education events over the last three months have included:
- Special Passover/Easter programs including dramatic performances, family workshops and guided animal enrichment.
- The completion of the 2015/2016 Zoo Bagrut high school scientific research program in which gifted students prepare scientific research papers graded by the Ministry of Education.
- A European Association of Zoos Academy training course on how to more effectively communicate biodiversity to visitors was presented at the Jerusalem Zoo and attended by zoo keepers and educators from all over Israel.
- A nature photography course for amateur photographers.
- A special performance of the Israel Festival's "Peter & the Wolf" - including a wildlife conservation talk delivered by a zoo educator about the tension between human beings and wild animals - turning the classic tale into a very effective educational tool.
- We are busily planning our summer education activities including summer camps, special guided tours and feedings, sunset and evening tours, and sleepovers. These activities are so much more than a recreational visit – our guides make use of every opportunity to engage visitors and to educate them about wildlife conservation and environmental sustainability.
- Between the holidays, our regular education programming continues and we continue to welcome individuals, families and groups of all ages and from all over the country who participate in our many different educational opportunities.
Thank you for being a part of our efforts to educate our community in an atmosphere of inclusion and tolerance.
The Education Team at the Jerusalem Biblical Zoo
European Association of Zoos Academy course
A Zoo Bagrut student presenting a research paper
Nature Photography Course
Passover Educational Activities
Visitors enjoy a modern take on the classic story