Give wings to our dreams..............
As we enter into an another exciting New Year, we want to say our heartfelt thanks to each one of YOU for helping us give more children good health, happiness and hope in 2012.
The funds contributed by you is making lot of difference in our children lives and strengthening us in delivering the best services to them.
Despite the dark clouds that so often occupy in the social media spotlight, we maintain an enduring sense of hope…….thanks to the generosity of our supporters & volunteers. Thank you for all that you do; your impact on children's lives is truly immeasurable.
The New Year starts with hope, excitement and new energy at Reaching Hand! The Team enters the year feeling tremendously grateful to each of you who have been an important part of our success in the last year. As we gear up to reflect on the year gone by, we can only feel a tremendous sense of happiness and gratitude for the thousands who have walked the distance with us in the last year and we are hopeful of this continued support in 2013-2014 too.
Under Reaching Hand, we have programs specifically designed to meet defined needs of vulnerable and marginalized women. Our programs are aligned to our core vision of transforming “Today’s destitute into tomorrow’s leaders”. We are committed to this vision and we work towards effective implementation of all our programs.
The programmatic activities of Reaching Hand aim at bringing about physical, mental and social development of children – boys and girls – in a holistic manner through the participation of children, parents, families and community at large. Through our wide range of programs, we help children and families living in extreme poverty to meet their basic needs and find a restored sense of hope, self-worth, and human dignity.
Through our most innovative regular programs we have been impacting many lives of children, women and community as a whole. Apart from the New Home project….we also has some of the most impactful programs, which are listed below for your information.
- Scholarship Program - The objective of the project is to provide adequate education to the most meritorious and under-privileged students who are school dropouts and have discontinued their studies for varieties of reason. Till last year we have supported 325 students in giving wings to their dreams.
- Women empowerment through skill development - We have been successful in empowering 120 women every year through tailoring and embroidery trainings.
- Government School Adoption Program (GSAP) - We are working with government schools impacting more than 500 children by providing them the quality education and life skill trainings.
- Health Camps in Rural Areas :- Reaching Hand’s health camps is one such special initiative to provide health care services to meet the immediate health care needs of the marginalized community in remote rural areas and slums through standalone camps. Every year we conduct at least 6 camps reaching out to more than 500 patients in rural areas.
- Provide Nutritional support to HIV/AIDS affected families at North Karnataka: – We are actively working with more than 30 families who are being affected by HIV/AIDS in North Karnataka districts. Among the poor in our communities, there is often not enough food at home for the family and especially for the children to fight the diseases. The Nutritional Support Program caters to the need of the families and gives them hope through which they come for counseling and medication.
DREAM CAMPUS PROJECT:-
The current premises in which the children are housed consist of two rented houses with limited space. As the children are growing, their activities are curbed because of lack of sufficient space and due to which their emotional, physical and legal growth is affected that give a child a sense of security, continuity, commitment and identity.
The pilot project revealed favorable outcomes and now Reaching Hand is ready to move forward with our carefully-determined, long-term plan: A Dream Home Residential Facility and a state of art International School. We are ready to move forward from 50 to 500 children with what we would like to term as the “New Home and Dream International School Project”.
OUR GREATEST ADVENTURE- Daring to dream BIG
As an expansion to what has already been established, we have identified a village community on the outskirts of Bangalore city and decided to establish an educational campus (about 4.25 acres) where we plan to construct infrastructure to house up to 500 destitute children in our group foster care and also provide free education and healthcare for all the community children. We are confident that this project will leave an indelible mark on the socio-economic status of this village community. The cost of the land is about Rs. 3 crores. The infrastructure cost including foster care homes, school buildings, and basic healthcare facility is about 9 crores. Our children have now dared to dream. And hence, we are calling this project DREAM CAMPUS. We hope that you will make it your dream too. All contributions are 100% tax exempt as per clause mentioned below.
OUR INVITATION TO THE ADVENTURE
If you believe that this is truly a worthwhile adventure, we invite you to embark with us on this journey of enjoying the fulfillment of seeing lives transformed and communities developed. Let us change the face of our nation, one person at a time by making “Today’s destitute into tomorrow’s leader”
To fulfill this vision, we are looking at people like you, organizations and companies to join hands with us to bring this vision to fruition. The satisfaction of seeing smiles on the face of our children and experiencing the lives being transformed can change your perception forever and inspire others to follow their dreams. If the proposal excites you then please do contact us for partnership support by visiting the link @ http://reachinghand.org/brochure.pdf
HOW YOU CAN JOIN THE ADVENTURE
- Visit our NEW HOME – Meet us and the children
- Donate liberally with deep conviction
- Help us spread the word to your friends and relatives
- Present this project to your company’s CSR initiative
- Encourage us by visiting and volunteering
As we celebrate all we accomplished in 2012, let's also remember that one little hand by one little hand and one little heart by one little heart we have the power to make life better for these children’s tomorrow than it was yesterday. So let's strive to make 2013 a great year by being generous NOW!
THANK YOU AND HAVE A WONDERFUL YEAR AHEAD WITH MORE SUCCESS AND PEACE.
Brings joy to New Home
We do care for others..........
Color Me Happy