The Bon Children’s Welfare Center (BCWC) is an integrated community for the care and education of children from the Himalayan regions of Tibet, Nepal, Bhutan, Mongolia, and Sikkim. Some of the children are orphans; others are sent by their families for care and education they would not otherwise have. The BCWC is run as a part of the Yungdrung Bon Monastic Center, which is registered with the Government of Himachal Pradesh in Northern India.
We at the BCWC look after the physical, mental, and spiritual needs of these destitute children from the day they arrive. We provide them with a high quality education and instill in them a deep and intimate understanding of the native culture and religion of the Tibetan Bon.
There are more than 230 students being supported by your donations. This includes
- 143 Students at the Bon Children’s Welfare Center
- 61 Students at the Menri Nunnery
- 6 Students at the Tibetan Medical College at Menri
- 2 Students at the Monastery studying painting and incense preparation
- 10 Students at the University Varanasi
- 4 Students at the CST Mussorie taking graduate classes
- 12 Students taking commerce
- 2 Students at Candigarh College studying computers
- 3 Students at Solan studying computers and cooking
Many of these students are receiving top marks in their classes.
We thank you again for your support of these programs. You are helping to change the lives of these young people for the better!