Light of Life Trust
Project Anando – Jalna District
Report: April to July 2015
With the new academic year beginning in the month of June 2015 the Anando team started the process of new enrolment of beneficiaries. The process was duly completed by the middle of month of May. The social workers collated the list of students received from school authorities and community members. A visit was undertaken to each child’s home in order to collect and verify available information. Once all the details were analyzed and assessed each case was presented to the senior members of the team and the final list of selected beneficiaries were finalized. In all 210 needy students homes were visited by the team of which 160 children were finally enrolled to the project.
Weekend Workshops : (personality development and aspiration building pogramme)
The topics Positive thinking,Self-Development and Discipline were covered during the workhops held in this period. In the month of April only two workshops were held due to final exams of the beneficiaries & in the month of May no workshops were held due to summer vacations. The Baseline assessment tests for all Anando beneficiaries have been undertaken in the month of June- July 2015.
Overall average attendance across all the centres was 94%. Children are now more aware about the importance of self-discipline and the need to maintain self-discipline in day to day life both in school and at home. Regular meditation sessions have helped students to maintain their mental health & hygiene. Some of the students shared that they are now better able to concentrate and their attention levels have increased.
Summer Vacation Programme
The Summer Vacation Programme was organized and conducted at all Centers in Jalna District from 1st June 2015 to 10th June 2015. Every child enjoyed the week long activities like Rangoli making, English speaking, mehndi application, Self-defense Training, etc. Drama, Speech, Dance, and Craft were areas focussed on over 10 days of the programme.
Educational Material Distribution Programme – Jalna District for the year 2015-2016
- To provide educational material to Anando children in order to support them to continue their education
- To provide educational material to Anando children for their academic development
- To provide educational material to Anando Children so that they will not be forcefully or willingly go on work to earn money for their educational needs.
Centre - Gevrai Bazar:
The Education Material Distribution Programme was conducted for 68 Anando beneficiaries for the year 2015-2016 In Gevrai bazar center the main guests were President Kakarao Kanhare of the Shivaji High School Gevrai Bazar, the Sarpanch and Local Gram Panchayat staff and Mrs. Deshmukh, Headmistress, of the school.
Centre – Mantha I & II:
The Education Material Distribution Programme was organized for 130 Anando beneficiaries of both the centres. The Chief Guest Mr. Babuji Tiwari ( a local journalist) said that to decrease the ratio of absenteeism and dropout rate from school the responsibility of the parents towards their children must increase. All the parents were really inspired by the programme and both children and parents were happy as they received the education material at the right time of the year.
Centre : Nutan Vasahat
The Education Material Distribution Programme was organized for the 65 Anando beneficiaries for the academic year 15-16. The main guest for this programme was President Mr. Babujirao Satkar from Satkar High School and its Principal.
Baseline Assessment : Pre Test
In the month of June 2015 each beneficiary undertook two baseline tests as pre - test:
- To measure the development of their personalities – HSPQ (High School Personality Questionnaire)
- To measure their academic progress in the 3R’s. (Reading, Writing & Arithmetic)
Post tests will be administered at the end of the academic year and an analysis undertaken of the same.
In the last Quarter 12 Parent Meetings were undertaken across the 4 centres in Jalna District with the following objectives:
- To regularly update parents on the development in their child.
- To discuss problems faced by adolescent children and discuss methods on how to deal with the same.
- To make them aware about their roles and responsibilities as parents.
- To motivate parents to actively participate in all activities.
- To make them aware about the importance of the child's feelings & how to provide effective guidance and environment at home.
- To discuss the attendance levels of the children in workshops as well as SFSEP classes.