Light of Life Trust
Project Anando 2016-17
Maharashtra - India
Centres covered: Mantha I & Mantha II, Watur and Bhatepuri ,Nutan Vashat and Gevrai Bazar.
Programmatic Report: August - November 2016
In this period the major focus was on the Weekend Empowerment Workshops for the students where subjects such as Time Management, Team Work, Ambition & Action and Importance of Higher Education were focused. In this period there were lot of activities which were conducted for the students viz. Peers Day, Sports Day, Project and Greeting Card making were successfully conducted which ensured maximum participation and attendance of the students. There were also important Guest Lectures for the students which were undertaken where students learned the importance of ‘Hard work’ as an important trait for life. Regular SFSEP (Student Friendly Supplementary Education Program – for Maths and English).
Major Achievements during this reporting period:
a. Weekend Empowerment Workshops:
Weekend Empowerment workshops were conducted throughout August, September, October and November. In all 55 workshops were conducted across centres and the average attendance during this session was 76%. The topics which were conducted during this session were Time Management, Team Work, Ambition & Action and Importance of Higher Education.
Impact: It created a major impact on the students, below are certain observations / learnings:
- Student’s understood Time Management.
- Student’s confidences level was increased as well as developed good rapport between peers.
- They understood the importance of Time Management in their life.
- They were able to interpret and explain the usage of it with examples during the workshop.
- They understand the importance’s of education in their life.
- They were able to define goals in their life which are very important to realize their dreams.
b. Special Programs:
Special programs such as Peer Day, Sports Day and Guest lectures were held in the month of September and during October and November Project making and Greeting Card making was undertaken. Their synopsis are as follows:
1. Peers Day:
In this month “Peers Day – Activity” was organized across all centres in Jalna District. Over all 85% students and their friends participated in the programme. This event consisited of many activities the first one was Essay writing activity on the topic “Friendship is Relationship ”. The main objective to choose this topic was to emphasize on importance of peers in human life .
Another activity was Group Discussion (GD) which involved students to participate and express their opinions and though processes about who they think are their friends.
We explained to them about the how to greet and make friends and also gave them the importance of the activities been conducted. Our Project officer and Social workers also shared their experiences and spoke about the importance of the topic.
2. Sports Day:
Sports Day was conducted in the month of September 2016 where the students showed maximum participation. Our Social worker conducted the event. Students were informed about the importance of sports and games in our lives .They were also made aware about the importance of Physical Fitness, Importance of Sports in life, how effectively sports can be used to understand the strengths and weakness, how sport can be useful to build the inherent capacities. Two workshops were dedicated to organize sports activities in all centres in this year. In the two days program both national and state games were encouraged. Games like Kabaddi, Kho-kho, Rope-jumping, Three leg competition, Slow cycling, Cricket; Lemon and spoon competition etc were organized.
3. Guest Lectures:
Two invitees conducted the session at 2 of our centres.
1) Mr. Somesh Appa gave an inspiring speech and described the importance’s of hard working. He told his life story .He was a worker in a shop but now he is the owner of his own shop.Students got inspired and understood the importance of goal setting and hard work they learned that everyone can achieve the goals with the hard work and sacrifice.
2) Mr.Khanke spoke on ‘Faith’ and spoke about how “faith can move mountain – if desired” so everyone should believe in God .Mr. Khanke also explained the process of becoming successful life.
- Students enjoyed the session thoroughly.
- Students were asking questions whenever they were finding doubts.
- Students were also made to understand to think about their emotions.
4. Project Making & Greeting Card Making:
In the month of November during festive season - Diwali Vacation our student made Projects and Greeting card. The period was from 10th November to 20th November 2016 in which 84% students participated.
To make students involved in Creative, Innovative & Productive cause during vacation.
To introduce them to Research, Depth & Impact of the subject of any given project.
To make them capable of making an effective presentation.
To encourage them to take sincere efforts to conduct a well-planned activity.
To make them aware of greenery and environment protection.
To make them aware about social system and culture in India.
84% beneficiaries made their projects and submitted to their respective social workers. The few notable subjects selected by them are as follows. Majority student used creative methods. This event / activity resulted in the increased creativity in students. Topics covered were:
- My school
- Relationship important in human life
- Family and my role
- Tree and Plantation
- My health
- My Village problem and effective solutions
- Clean and green India
c. Parents Meeting:
Across centers during this period total 8 parents meetings were held. Overall attendance during this event by the parents were 77.07%. Parent’s participation during this event were excellent. During this event following subject were discussed: Adolescence issues, Physical, Mental, Social changes, Relationships, Ambitions, Students confidence and motivation. In every parents meeting students’ academic growth has been shared with parents.
Overall Achievements during these activities were:
- Weekend Empowerment Workshop average attendance achieved was 87%.
- Student Friendly Supplementary Enhancement Program average attendance achieved was 68.05%
- Case profile completion accomplished
- Baseline Survey- 100%
- 19 Parents meetings were conducted during this period by achieving over all attendances of 85%
- Two new centers were started : Bhatepuri and Watur