OVC wearing new uniforms, sewn by our trained tailors,
We send sincere thanks to its development partners and recognizes their generous support most specially The River Fund, Global Giving and other donor groups that have made it possible for the successes of the organisation activities.
From the year 2000 to date RARUDO has restored hope and renewed the spirit of women ,Orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), people living with HIV/AIDS, youth and people with disabilities through its core programmes, Social Economic Development, Health and Education.
With support from The River Fund and Global giving the depth of RARUDO impacts this year 2009 extended from Tororo through Busia and Bugiri Districts in Eastern Uganda.
The organisation builds the skills of women through its exchange programme.
The programme is designed to offer vulnerable groups particularly AIDS widows, women, the OVC, youth, the Elderly, Persons with disability with skills that enable them to fight poverty and stop the spread of HIV/AIDS at house hold levels and enhance education of the OVC.
The programmes operate on various initiatives that include: Tailoring training, AIDS education and training, vegetable growing, food crop production, cross breeded goats distribution ,poultry farming, food security and Nutrition education, scholastic materials and uniforms for the OVC, treatment of opportunistic diseases for PLWAs , support and care for the PLWAs, water and Sanitation.
RARUDO’s impact stretches across grassroots through out rural population in Tororo, Bugiri and Busia Districts in eastern Uganda.
1. 1,600 women in Tororo district, Iyolwa Sub-County have benefited from the training on Long term HIV/AIDS Survival skill and AIDS education.
2. 30 Women in Tororo District have benefited from pattern designing and tailoring training.
3. 32 OVC received improved goat breed in the first round in 2008.
4. Another 17 in the second round this year 2009 these were kids produced by the first distribution.
5. 270 OVC received scholastic materials and uniforms.
6. Over 100 women received vegetable seeds and planted vegetables for income sustainability.
7. About 100 community house holds have access to safe water from home dug wells.
8. 20 PLWA and 21 child headed homes receive nutritional foods supply.
9. 20 PLWAs receive treatment for opportunistic diseases.
10. 60 Persons with Disabilities receive support and care.
In Bugiri district, RARUDO incorporated widows, young women, and youth into its programmes in 2009 with a total 40 widows, 60 OVC, 30 youth who are now benefiting from the activities below.
The beneficiaries here are engaged in:-
Campaign on sanitation and hygiene
Second round of goats for child headed households
New home dug well providing clean water to 50 families