Since December when we started this campaign, your donations have helped the local community make real change.
The 24 families involved established their own cooperative and your donations supported the following activities:
1. Rented one floor of the lodge and one of the stone and mud building
(which will be used later on as a restaurant) for a full year;
2. Paid the fees of a telephone line;
3. Bought a fax machine to receive reservations from tour
4. The cooperative has begun using the lodge as an office and a meeting room;
5. Equipped the office with the necessary appliances (fridge, kitchen materials,
Your donations have also indirectly caused the following benefits:
1. The cooperative expanded its membership base from 24 families to 50 families who are now benefiting from the lodge;
2. The 50 families matched the money you donated through Global Giving and helped to support the activities mentioned above.
Thank you for this incredible beginning! We appreciate your support, and please contact us with any questions or suggestions, and continue to spread this campaign!
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.
Get Reports via Email
We'll only email you new reports and updates about this project.