Our latest update from field reports on a successful 4-day training on cooperative education.
Although 30 women of the Padampur area were expected to attend, 48 participants were present. Topics discussed included:
• The importance of savings in the cooperative
• Registration process of informal groups in the cooperative
• Advantages and disadvantages of cooperative membership
• Management and accounting skills
• Duties and responsibilities of the members and management body of the cooperative
• Key principles of cooperative society
• Importance of the rules and bylaws in the cooperative
• Importance of saving and its types
• Importance of loan and process of taking loans
Additionally, monthly meetings of the management committee of the cooperative were conducted.
WACN also delivered 2 months of embroidery training to 10 members of the cooperative in collaboration with small cottage office in the district cooperative.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating or by subscribing to this project's RSS feed.
Get Reports via Email
We'll only email you new reports and updates about this project.
Project Leader: Gillian Wilson
IDEX Latin America Program Director
Thanks to 121 donors like you, a total of $7,569 was raised for this project on GlobalGiving.
Combined with other sources of funding, this project raised enough money to fund the outlined activities and is no longer accepting donations.