- GlobalGiving's Tech for Good matching campaign begins at 09:00:00 EST on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 (check time at your location ).
- The campaign will end at 9:00:00 EST on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 (check time at your location)
- There is USD 8,500 in matching funds available (approximately GBP 6,800: exact exchange rate to be set based on the settlement value of each transaction), and USD 1,000 in bonus funds (approximately GBP 790, exact exchange rate to be set based on the settlement value of each transaction).
- GlobalGiving.org will be matching donations at 50%, up to USD 700 (approximately GBP 550; exact exchange rate to be set based on the settlement value of each transaction) per individual donor per project, while funds last.
- For the purposes of calculating matching amounts, donations made in other currencies will be converted to USD. The exchange rate will be estimated at the time of the donation, but may be subject to change until the donation settles with the donor's bank or credit card. Funds will be disbursed using the exchange rate based on the settlement value of each transaction.
Projects must raise at least USD 2,000 (approximately GBP 1,500; exact exchange rate to be set based on the settlement value of each transaction) from at least 15 donors to be eligible for bonus prizes.
- The project that raises the most funds (excluding matching funds) will receive a bonus prize of USD 500 (approximately GBP 395; exact exchange rate to be set based on the settlement value of each transaction).
- The project that raises the second most funds (excluding matching funds)will receive a bonus prize of USD 300 (approximately GBP 230; exact exchange rate to be set based on the settlement value of each transaction).
- The project that gets the most unique donors to give to their project will receive a bonus prize of USD 200 (approximately GBP 150; exact exchange rate to be set based on the settlement value of each transaction).
All bonus prizes are determined upon the conclusion of the campaign, at 9:00:00 EST on Tuesday, March 21, 2017.
- This is an invitation-only campaign. The projects in this campaign have been directly selected to participate by the GlobalGiving.org team. The selection was based on the projects' topic and their activity on GlobalGiving.org.
- Only donations up to 700 USD (approximately GBP 550; exact exchange rate to be set based on the settlement value of each transaction) per unique donor per project will be matched by 50%. Unique donors are determined using numerous criteria, including name, email address, credit card number, mailing address, and IP address. We monitor these and other parameters in our system to ensure that only unique, distinct donors are counted.
- Only online donations made by debit card, credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay, or a GlobalGiving official gift card are eligible for matching. Donations made by check or text-to-give are not eligible.
- Online donations made using PayPal, Apple Pay, or debit/credit card must be made by the account or credit card holder.
- Donations made on GlobalGiving corporate sites, organizational giving sites, or through whitelabel are not eligible for matching.
- We encourage you to get donations in early, because matching funds will likely run out quickly.
- Please note that GlobalGiving will monitor and review all donations made through this matching offer.
- GlobalGiving maintains the right to make a final decision on all matters concerning the allocation of matching funds.
- Donations will be disbursed monthly as they come in. Matching funds will be disbursed in a lump sum at the end of the campaign.
- Please note that all donations are final. GlobalGiving cannot change the time, date, or status of a donation after it is processed for any reason.
Tax Efficient Giving & Fulfillment Fee
- GlobalGiving is a registered nonprofit charity in the United States, and England and Wales. Donations made in USD by eligible donors in the United States can be claimed as tax deductible contributions on United States tax returns. Donations made in GBP by eligible donors in the United Kingdom can claim Gift Aid (an extra 25% added to eligible donations provided by the UK Government) when they donate in GBP.
- Fulfillment fee for donations: GlobalGiving charges a 15% fulfillment fee on donations, unless other conditions apply. GlobalGiving works to keep the fees you pay as low as possible while providing you great services and resources. The fulfillment fee does not apply to the match. The fee covers all transactional charges such as card fees, as well as helps cover the costs we incur to promote organizations and projects, provide them with fundraising training and tools, and maintain and improve our online technology in order to keep you connecting with new donors. With our add-on option, we also offer the donor the opportunity to make an additional donation to cover the fee.
Still have questions? Please email
View full campaign details Tech for Good