Well, it's report time! I hope everyone is well and warm. While there's lots and lots going on, I'll be brief as I think most of you have a pretty good idea of where we've been focused and building. We do need your help as the upcoming Spring is our busiest time. So, as usual, I have a CHALLENGE for you, which is near the bottom of the report!
1. "Kelpie" update:
- Bridgeport, W. Va. -- The Vintage Theatre Company, LLC is hosting a fundraising production of “To Kill a Kelpie”, an intensely captivating psychodrama, for Stop the Silence: Stop Child Sexual Abuse charity at the Bridgeport High School auditorium February 22, 23, and 24. Showtimes are set for 7 p.m., 7p.m., and 2 p.m. respectively. There is no cost for entry, and donations for the cause will be accepted at each performance. More to come on future locations of Kelpie from Vintage.
- Director Edward M. Smith is finalizing the film "To Kill A Kelpie" and we will soon be bringing it, our after-show production, and community-based programming to universities around the U.S. and overseas! Stay tuned. Contact me if you want to bring it to your university/town: email@example.com.
2. Races and Walks to Stop the Silence updates:
- The 10th annual Race to Stop the Silence is set for Sunday is set for April 14, 2013. It's an 8K Race and Walk and 1K kids' fun run, with speakers, entertainment, booths, and more! Put it on your calendars! Our Race site is www.dcrace.org. I guarantee fun! The Washington Redskins Alumni Association is our primary partners for 2013. Mark Moseley of 'Skins and NFL fame is our national spokesperson. Various corporate and community groups will be partnering in the effort (Yeah!!).
- As a part of our awareness raising programming surround the Race, I and Mark Moseley and others will be doing lots of media with, for examples, Channel 9, ClearChannel Radio, WTOP, and many others in the U.S.; others are reaching out to their media in other countries.
- Other areas in the U.S. are also conducting the Race or Walk individually or as a part of global activities of The Innocence Revolution (e.g., Florida, California). Jeff Ruday is managing the event this year (Yeah!!).
- Race to Stop the Silence Kenya (Nairobi) will be conduced on April 14, 2013 in partnership with the Child Aid Organization Kenya, and also as a part of The Innocence Revolution.
- Starting in May of 2013, Matthew McVarish will be conducting the "10,000 Mile Walk to Stop the Silence," bringing information to EVERY EUROPEAN UNION (EU) CAPITAL (31 nations in all). The 10,000 Mile Walk to Stop the Silence will include media outreach, networking with relevant organizations, discussions with policymakers on age of consent and statute of limitations, development of networking products, and more.
We Continue to Need Your Help!! Here's the Challenge... Help us raise $10,000 by the end of March - ask your friends, colleagues and family to help!
We're currently raising funds on three fronts in particular:
- Race to Stop the Silence 2013
- Matt's Big Walk
- Overall community-based programming (in conjunction with university and community-based groups).
If you can see your way to making on-going, monthly donations of whatever you can afford, that sure would help! Ask your friends, colleagues and family to raise funds. All donations are tax-deductible through our safe Global Giving page. See our website (www.stopcsa.org) for other fundraising mechanisms.
We really need you. If we all do a little, we can do a lot!!
Thank you all!!
Pamela Pine, PhD, MPH, Founder, Stop the Silence