To mobilize the community to understand the underlying causes of child abuse and respond to the causes by providing counseling and enrolling children in to schools.The project will strengthen coordination at community level and enforcement agencies/CSOs/CBOs to protect children by opening up 5 Walk in Centers where child abuse cases could be reported as well as provide counseling to children, parents and guardians affected.
We should agree that some children need more protection than others because of being in certain circumstances that expose them to extreme risk of lack of basic needs and further deny them their human rights. Youth for Change notes with deep concern the increased vulnerability of many children to sexual, labor and alcohol exploitation as a result of increasing poverty, social and gender inequality, discrimination etc. in Matero community.
Effective community mobilization is being under taken and maintained for successful joint decision-making and joint problem-solving which are necessary for child protection. The following activities will be done for the proposed project:
1. Counseling of children and parents/guardians.
2. Joint Patrols (JP) with law enforcement agencies in places where children are at risk of abuse or being abused.
3. Enrolling neglected children into schools.
The project aims at reaching out to 200 abused / neglected children. Once our target is reached, the following results will come.
1. Children will Grow up physically and mentally healthy.
2. Children will be confident and self-respecting, and
3. Less likely to be abused or exploit others, including his or her own children.
4. Neglected children will be reintegrated into society and families.
This project has provided additional documentation in a PDF file (projdoc.pdf).