Over the past months, ChangeEdcuate has been in the process of designing,building, interating and editing the ChangeEducate website. The ChangeEducate website will serve as the foundation for the organization's curricula both in and outside of the classroom. We have bene investing the time and effort to ensure the CE website meets the highest standards in order to incentivize both students and teachers to actualy make use of the site.
The website is structured into 5 phases. These phases were designed and created to provide a step-by-step structure for students to learn about poverty, its solutions, identify their own interests and learn how to create and implement their own projects to combat poverty. On the site, each of these phases features a host of content that spans the DVD-based curricula that ChangeEducate has created to UN-verified facts and resources that can empower students learn about poverty using resources made available on the site as well as resources they can use independently. The site will even tests students on the knowledge generated by the site itself and functions as a teaching software or education SaaS (software as a service) that teachers can use in a classroom setting. As a result of the substantial effort put into place by ChangeEducate's web development team, the website now features:
- Integrated and interactive ChangeEducate video content that teaches users about underlying factors causing poverty, key definitions and categorizations of types of poverty and the current state of development across various countries
- An interactive and engaging ChangeEducate process that was created to educate and empower website users, both educators and students, the steps they need to take to contribute to the fight against poverty
- Graphics, facts and interactive content meant to walk students through complex issues that contribute to global poverty
- Solutions implemented by real students around the world meant to show students that each individual can make a differnece
- Resources that can help guide students throughout their project implementation
- An interactive social/professional network to which students can contribute their ideas, share their projects and collaborate to end poverty.
At ChangeEducate, our goal has been to create a curricula that combines high quality educational media, video and presentatoins with professionally prepared lesson plans with an interactive website that can function as a holistic curricula that be used and implmented by teachers in and outside of a classroom. As we near the completion of the website, we are excited to say that we are almost fully prepared to launch a pilot. Our next update will discuss logistics, timelines and target goals for the piilot. Please do not hesitate to help us be fully prepared to launch either through donations, suggestions or comments or any other ideas you may have.
Also, please feel free to visit the site and check it out. It is linked to this post as an attachment!
Further, if you have any connections to high schools anywhere in the world, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.