While crises were happening throughout the year, and continue even today, you have helped to save and change the lives for many men, women, children - and whole communities - around the world.
Because of your compassion and generosity we were able to achieve so much in 2012. You made change possible!
The accomplishments shared below are a testament to the more than 70,000 donors (including you!) who’ve made this work possible. Because of you this is what we were able to do:
- We staved off malnutrition in 23,585 Guatemalan mothers and infants.
- In Yemen, food distributions are helping the most vulnerable — 50,000 single mothers, pregnant and nursing women, and children under five — survive since political uprisings interrupted imports and basic services.
- In Iraq, we taught 5,500 women to read — and learn their rights in a newly democratic country.
- Our teams in Mali helped 2,300 families survive the worst food shortage in decades.
- In the new nation of South Sudan, school supplies and newly constructed classrooms are helping 13,969 children continue their education.
- In Afghanistan, 2,000 women graduated from our job training classes.
To show our appreciation, we have put together a slideshow to share how much we were able to accomplish because of your contribution. Check out how you have changed and transformed lives!
And if you haven't received a free 2013 Mercy Corps calendar we still have some left! Just e-mail your address to email@example.com and we will happily send you one!
On behalf of the millions of people our work has touched this year, thank you!