Angel at her school
Bitone Updates: November 2011
Warm and heartfelt greetings from Bitone Children’s Center and Troupe. We are deeply appreciative of the support you have accorded to us since we last shared the news pertaining our program activities. Thank you for supporting our children to grow productively as they receive education, talent development and rehabilitation.
We would like to thank all of you who made a donation during GlobalGiving's LAST Bonus Day of the year that took place on October 19th. We are glad to announce that a gross amount of $1,660 was raised. These funds will directly go towards supplementing children’s Tuition of this current term of study. Part of these funds will also be used to purchase foodstuff for the children.
In the same vain, we truly thank those persons who opted to make a recurring donation to our project and we are inviting others to join and make donation as able. Thank you so much. To make a donation, please visit our GlobalGiving page link at: http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/bitone-24-ugandan-disadvantaged-children/
We are proud to announce that;
- Deborah Nabatanzi (our oldest child) will be graduating this Friday (11th November, 2011) with a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management from Kampala International University. We truly thank all those persons who have helped Deborah achieve her degree.
- Rosco Kayongo is currently pursuing a diploma in Music, Dance and Drama at the Department of Performing Arts and Film, Makerere University.
- Aisha Blessed, Mary Nansamba and Damalie Nabanakulya will be doing their final exams (A-Level UNEB) starting on the 15th November 2011. We wish the, good luck!
- Angel, Grant, Mary and Jane-Rose completed their Primary Leaving Exams (P.L.E) last week. We pray that they will receive good results.
- Sebastian Lutalo has completed his Senior Four exams (UCE UNEB). We are hopeful that he will receive good results.
The troupe’s vision is that by providing artistic training in music and dance, our children’s lives can again become meaningful and productive. We aim at providing the next generation of Ugandans to fully participate and assume leadership roles in their communities
Our efforts in elevating Bitone children’s skills in music and dance practices have continued to yield excellent results. There is no doubt that values of self-esteem, confidence and trustworthiness continue to grow in each child everyday. Through their practices and performances, children lay a solid foundation to their future as they both physically, emotionally and intellectually grow–creating greater horizons and assurance for their future.
BITONE NEW METRON:
We are glad to announce to you our new matron/Auntie Ms. Justin Kyeyune) following the resignation of Ms. Robinah Nangonzi. Ms. Justin is a mother and an experienced caretaker whose strong love towards the children has already been felt. She is charged with the welfare of the children including preparing meals and attending to other home-related activities.
BITONE CURRENT NEED’S LIST 2011
- Land Purchase & construction of Bitone Center
Details: A minimum of 5 acres. This will accommodate the home for the children, a theatre, a garden, rehearsal rooms, a recreation ground, a Library and a cultural village.
- Bitone Performance Tour
Details: Staging performances outside Uganda for raising revenue, sharing stories and enhancing the Bitone visibility.
- Child Education Sponsorship
Details: Tuition and Scholastic materials of all Bitone Children: Primary School, Secondary School and College/University.
- Sound Equipment
Details: To amplification during Bitone Performances. These include speakers, amplifiers, mixers, microphones, stage lights and stands, and a computer
- Recording Studio
Details: For production of Bitone music and dances
- 35- Seater Bus (vehicle)
Details: For transporting children to school and to the performance venues within Uganda
Once again, thank you so much for taking time to read our monthly updates and as always, we would like to hear from you.
For any inquiries, you may contact us:
- Executive Director –Branco Sekalegga
Phone (+256) 772 – 442-274
- Bitone International Programs Coordinator – Sarah Heddon
Phone (810) 923 – 1879
- Member, Bitone Music Production – Grant Buhr.
Phone (773) 703 – 9620
In Peace and Friendship!
Bitone Troupe Preparing for a Performance
At Bitone Center
Angel and Jane-Rose, a few hours to doing PLE
Bitone Perfoming at a wedding ceremony