From our goofy faces to you, the staff say THANKS!
Did you know that Community Warehouse turned 15 years old this June?
In the past fifteen years, the Warehouse has redistributed far more than chairs, beds, and can openers. Furniture is our currency, but what we really provide is health, happiness, and housing stability for thousands of neighbors in need annually.
Community Warehouse impacts a breadth of important issues, including:
- Social cohesion: client families feel cared about and supported by the community
- Sleep: we are the only agency in the region redistributing beds
- Food security: we provide kitchenware so families can cook healthy meals
- Housing retention: families are more likely to remain in furnished homes
- Financial prosperity: once we stabilize a family in their home, they can focus their resources on education, food, employment, or rehabilitation
It is truly a community effort. In the past 5 years alone, you have helped us bring stability, dignity, and hope to 37,000 people.
Here is one small story of a family who accessed the Warehouse this spring (narrated by Client Services Coordinator Vicky):
“A young mother who lost everything when she fled a domestic violence situation came in with her father. When he walked into the Warehouse, he was visibly taken aback. Before me stood a big burly man moved to tears over what his daughter was about to receive.
As we loaded a gorgeous kitchen table, a comfy couch and love seat (very heavy!), bunk beds for the kids, a recliner for mom, and boxes full of kitchen stuff and bedding, he repeatedly uttered ‘I just can't believe something like this exists.’ He gave out bear hugs, high fives and so many thank yous.
This is what dignity looks like. This is what we do.”
Your support makes a difference at the Warehouse, every day, in big and little ways. Together, we are providing comfort and stability to those who are in most need of it.
With sincere appreciation,
Happy kid helping pack his family's furniture