The Ragamuffin Boathouse is a HUB for Arts Therapy, Creativity & Social Action.
An inspiring sanctuary in the heart of Phnom Penh, Cambodia
www.facebook.com/RagamuffinBoathouseCambodia firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +85512521032
The Boathouse is an inspiring sanctuary in the Heart of Phnom Penh. Its peaceful light filled spaces wrapped in nature provides a unique environment and the conditions in which we can take risks, create, build relationships, and develop personally professionally and spirituality.
Home of Ragamuffin International/Cambodia INGO, Cloudstring Studio and the Boathouse HUB for creative professionals and freelance businesses.
Our Vision is the development of a model of collaboration between NGO’s and professionals to foster, sustainability, creativity, relationships, community and spirituality.
Who’s on board?
- Ragamuffin International (est. 1999) - Carrie Herbert, Kit Loring - Founders and Directors of Arts Therapy Services. Training, Supervision & Consultancy.
- ‘Be-yourself’ Arts Therapy Service for Cambodian Children and Adolescents run by Serey Samchet
- Cloudstring Studio - Professional Recording Studio and Music Therapy Space run by Euan Gray
- Boathouse HUB: We have flexible permanent and small team co-working desk spaces; artist in residence scheme, training & meeting room, unlimited wi-fi, 24-hour access & security, secure moto/cycle parking.
- 'The Intimate Cafe' - in Ragamuffin's garden oasis - delicious, artistic homemade Khmer cuisine and catering services managed by Leakina - breakfast and on a bookings basis, special dinners on request
- 'Life Creative' - Special Events - Special community events to celebrate International Days coordinated by Nataly Lee
Extracts of whats going on?
Ragamuffin International is supporting individuals and teams who work in a diverse cross-section of issues and needs in Cambodia from child protection, violence, abuse, trafficking and human rights issues. Continuing to capacity build, supervise and develop staff care and well-being in frontline organisations, teams and individuals.
Be-Yourself project is currently working with children and adolencents who have survived acid attacks, are caught up in domestic violence, abuse and land evictions. A programme in partnership with M'Lop Russey is helping young adult orphans to be transitioned out of residential care into a community style foster care programme as Cambodia begins its move to reduce insitutionalised care.
Cloudstring Studio has recently launched Songkites - a new programme to inspire creative songwriting in Cambodian young people. This exciting new initiative is the fist of its kind in Cambodia and will be focusing on the themes of conflict transformation, relationships and forgiveness to help young people to express and communicate original songs to a broad audience in Cambodia. www.songkites.com
Boathouse HUB - home to creative professionals, innovation in rural povery solutions lab, environmental politics and ethnic minority specialists. Bringing sustainability, networks and collaboration to the traditional NGO model.
Life-Creative - International Peace Day on the 21st September brings together Cambodian's and International guests in a collaborative creative experience on the theme of forgiveness and peace - a pertiant theme for Cambodia at this present time.
How you are making a difference?
As we continue to pioneer a new operational model, everything you contribute makes a difference to the services we provide. As mental health services remain still so very limited in Cambodia, there still exists such enormous need. If you would like to know more information on any of the above please contact us - email@example.com.
Thank you for being a part of this voyage and helping making a difference to so many people's lives who have come on board!
Carrie, Kit and The Ragamuffin Team Cambodia.
Sanctuary in the heart of the city