The African Modern Arts Project Progress Report:
New School Headquarters:
The school expansion project is well underway now! After fundraising in the US and Canada we are able to secure funds for a new headquarters of AMAP school.
The new building contracted for three years from April 2012 till same month 2015 is slated to be operational within a month’s time. The new school building will be of four classrooms, a computer lab room and a sixth room for teacher staff.
The expansion comes well on time for our expansion plans to expand school services and the number of those who are enrolled in the program. Our goal is to enroll up to one hundred children in the program from the current number of 67 marking almost a one third of an increase.
We are looking forward that such expansion will benefit the students, the teachers and the working volunteers at the school. It would provide much needed space in the classroom, give a better teacher – student classroom ratio as well as better learning facilities.
Items secured in the first quarter of 2012:
- School uniform for all enrolled children purchased and tailored onsite at our neighboring sewing workshop
- Donated children’s clothing from US/Canada transported to Bagamoyo via volunteers
- Books and learning material donated from the US/Canada will help both teachers and students
- School supplies purchased locally from Dar Es Salam for all students and teachers material
- Donated supplies from volunteers and ex-volunteers families!
Thank you all for your support.