Empower your Indian, US, And UK donor networks with GlobalGiving + Impact Guru
What is this partnership and why is it important?
A year ago GlobalGiving conducted a Needs Assessment of our Indian nonprofit partners to see how we can better serve their needs. A major trend in this assessment was a desire for access to INR donations on the GlobalGiving website. GlobalGiving takes feedback from our community seriously, so we wanted to act in response to this interest. At the same time, our Country Consultant was starting discussions with Impact Guru’s team, and a partnership was created. We tested this partnership with a joint campaign during Daan Utsav/The Joy of Giving Week. You can read about the outcomes of this experiment here.
Based on this success, we felt it made sense to find a way to lend greater support and create access to more resources for organizations in India. In order to better support our current and future Indian nonprofit partners, GlobalGiving has taken our partnership with Impact Guru to a new level. We're enabling US, UK, and Indian donations on a single platform with all the associated tax benefits, through an integration of GlobalGiving’s donation process onto the Impact Guru website.
What does this mean? It means an eligible organization can send their donors looking to give in USD, GBP, or INR to a single platform, impactguru.com, and benefit from those countries’ giving benefits. Interested in participating? Start your GlobalGiving application!
Start Your Application Freqently Asked Questions
What will nonprofits gain?
Giving incentives for your local and international donor networks. Tax incentives are often considered to be a crucial factor in encouraging donors to give. By being a part of the GlobalGiving + Impact Guru partnership opportunity, nonprofits have a single place they can send their US, UK, and Indian donors to give, creating a simple and streamlined experience.
Access to GlobalGiving’s training + support. By joining GlobalGiving, and gaining access to this partnership opportunity, organizations will also have access to the full range of GlobalGiving’s benefits including special matching and bonus days, online training academies, and GlobalGiving’s donor and donation management system.
Connection to Impact Guru’s one-on-one account management. Once an organization’s campaign is posted on Impact Guru, an organization will also gain access to Impact Guru’s one-one-one account management team. Their team seeks to walk organizations through the process of posting a campaign, reaching out to donors, and running a fundraising effort.
Who is eligible to access GlobalGiving + Impact Guru’s partnership?
- GlobalGiving nonprofit partners! Organizations already a part of the GlobalGiving community are automatically eligible to have this donation processing system turned on for campaigns on Impact Guru. These partners will simply need to register with Impact Guru and start a campaign.To learn more and initiate next steps, click here or contact the Impact Guru team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Indian Nonprofits. Organizations registered in India that are FCRA accredited and vetted by GiveIndia, Charities Aid Foundation India, Guidestar India (Platinum / Gold levels only), Dasra, Credibility Alliance, or GlobalGiving can have access to this partnership. In order to maintain a safe and trustworthy giving community, we require all organizations to be reviewed and vetted to ensure the legitimacy of their work. Organizations that fit this description can reach out to Impact Guru's team. Not yet vetted? Start your GlobalGiving application here.
- Social enterprises based in India. These entities are also eligible to either fundraise online or route their grants via Impact Guru and offer US tax benefits to their international donors on a case-by-case basis. To learn more and initiate next steps, click here or contact Impact Guru directly.
- Nonprofits and social enterprises across Southeast Asia (including Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia) can also fundraise on ImpactGuru.com and avail of these tax benefits on a case-by-case basis. To learn more and initiate next steps, click here or contact Impact Guru.
How Do I Get Started?
- Existing GlobalGiving NGO partners: NGOs that are currently registered with GlobalGiving are automatically eligible for the benefits under this partnership on ImpactGuru.com. To initiate next steps, contact Impact Guru. email@example.com.
- Existing Impact Guru NGO partners: Indian NGOs who are registered on Impact Guru and have previously raised funds must either obtain Gold or Platinum certification from Guidestar India or complete the due diligence application process on GlobalGiving’s website here. Impact Guru's team is also available to work through the process with an organization's team.
- NGOs vetted by social sector intermediaries: NGOs currently registered and vetted by GiveIndia, Charities Aid Foundation India, Guidestar India (Platinum / Gold levels only), Dasra, Credibility Alliance are automatically eligible for the benefits under this partnership on ImpactGuru.com. To initiate next steps, reach out to Impact Guru.
- Other NGOs: NGOs that are not registered on GlobalGiving or Impact Guru must go through a due diligence to be eligible for the program. They must either obtain Gold or Platinum certification from Guidestar India or complete the due diligence application process on GlobalGiving’s website here. After this reach out to the Impact Guru team
For inquiries to the Impact Guru team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Impact Guru Start Your GlobalGiving Application
What if I'm a Social Enterprise?
Social enterprises registered in India and in Southeast Asia who wish to participate in the program will be considered on a case by case basis upon due diligence by Impact Guru and Global Giving. To initiate next steps, contact Impact Guru at email@example.com.