Sisterhood Agenda introduces virtual trauma-informed (TI) support services to fulfill its mission to educate, support, and empower women and girls around the globe.
"A significant positive relation emerges between optimism and coping strategies focused on social support and emphasis on positive aspects of stressful situations."
Sisterhood Agenda’s objectives are to:
- Create opportunities meaningful emotional connections
- Avoid social isolation
- Make new connections
- Global girls programming
- Holistic health agenda
WHO? Women and girls, small groups of 10 or less, global sisterhood network and agency constituents
WHAT? Online opportunities to connect and engage
WHEN? As soon as possible
WHERE? Everywhere, online, different time zones, regularly-scheduled times and days weekly
HOW? Video conferencing, social media, other virtual platforms
SHE: Sisters, Healthy & Empowered is just one of Sisterhood Agenda’s new virtual projects. We are also examining ways to implement our other unique programs, such as SisterCamp, A Journey Toward Womanhood, and Sister Circles.
This week, three team members will be trained as Sisterhood Advisors. Importantly, after the training, they will be certified to provide mentoring, counseling, consulting, and teaching services through one-on-one via video conferencing and as part of our global girl empowerment programs.
Toward this goal, we hired a Media Specialist who has a strong understanding of multi-media business needs and experience in various promotional marketing strategies, particularly online platforms such as social media, video, and blogging.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Researching appropriate media opportunities for Sisterhood Agenda to pursue
- Creating new content for our digital platforms and products
- Be a driving force behind our research-driven digital development
- Bringing extensive experiences and skills, along with your creative ideas
- Analyzing user data, conduct usability tests, and transfer outcomes to concrete media implementations
- Closely collaborating with members of our team and various stakeholders to create the best media experience for constituents
Our goal is to increase brand awareness and for our targeted population of women and girls to have easy access to Sisterhood Agenda projects, products, and services. We have the vision to make the power of our global sisterhood available via cell phone, computer, and in-person throughout the world.
If you share our passion for educating, supporting, and empowering women and in girls for the future, we are happy to have you support our work!