Once again we’d love to share exciting news with you about the constant work we do to reach many children in need.
PROJECTS & ACHIEVEMENTS
• 60 pairs of “alpargatas” shoes produced by the "Alpargatas (sandals) Shoes Workshop" were sold and will be donated to needy children in Honduras. This workshop is run by School Nº 269, located in El Boton, El Soberbio, Misiones.
• Through our project in GlobalGiving, we raised the necessary resources to provide pediatric services in Noccan Kani, Las Talitas and Derqui. The project remains open for donations which will help us extend these services to 8 new areas.
• Santa Clara Civil Association completed a trip to Santiago del Estero in June and to El Chaco in August. They delivered food, clothing, school supplies and heaters. The doctors provided preventive care and medical assistance to children and adults. Classes of preventive dental health were given and it was observed that 50% of the children in the program are free of cavities thanks to the periodic medical visits.
• During the month of June the Community of Los Oleros, in Posadas, Misiones was added to our assistance plan. Pediatric medical visits were conducted in June and again in August.
• We continued to support the feeding center of Gonzalez Catan with food and they are nowalso receiving periodic pediatric medical visits. Two visits were completed during June and thenagain in August. A visit to the Toba community in Derqui, Buenos Aires, was carried out; on that occasion the families received donations and they enjoyed a community meal.
• A feeding center, “Merendero Carlitos”, in San Pedro de Colalao, Tucuman was added to our assistance plan. A daily breakfast is served to 119 children who live in extreme poverty conditions.
• The following schools were also added to our assistance plan:
- School Nº918, located in Barrio Buen Samaritano, Aristóbulo del Valle, Misiones with 164 students.
- Instituto Movimiento Rural Cristiano Nº203 Located in Picada Indumar, Dos de Mayo, Misiones with 104 students.
• Under the supervision of Teresa Donaire in Argentina, a great amount of donations were received and sent to the different schools and institutions located in the provinces of Chaco, Santa Fe, Salta, Misiones, Entre Rios and Buenos Aires. The donations included items such as school supplies, toys, clothing, shoes, medicine, furniture, beds, mattresses and computers among many others.
• During the month of August two of our members visited the communities of Noccan Kani in Santa Fe, Medical Unit Alfonsina Storni in Rosario, Santa Fe and School Nº39 “ Gral. Francisco Ramirez” in Las Masitas, Entre Rios. They also visited the Florencio Varela Community. We invite you to see the videos using this link:
NEWS & EVENTS
• We would like to give our thanks to all the people who helped us through donations, or by sharing our project, all of which helped us to achieve a permanent spot on GlobalGiving. The extraordinary support received allowed us not only to reach our proposed objectives, but also to earn US$ 4300 in bonuses while competing with more than 200 projects worldwide.
• 5 New restaurants entered our program “Dine at the Best Argentinian Restaurants in Miami and Help a Child” in which every first Tuesday of each month the participating restaurants
donate a portion of their proceeds to us. Thanks to Patagonia Restaurant, Bertoni, Dolce Vita,
San Telmo and Parrilla Liberty for their support to our cause. Acknowledgement plates were given to the restaurants participating in this program since its beginning. The plates mention the project/school they are supporting.
• The Knife Restaurant on Sunrise Boulevard organized a school supply campaign. For each item donated by families their children ate for free. Thank you very much for your initiative and support!
• During June and August the Truco tournaments were held at Manolo’s Restaurant. Don’t miss the opportunity to compete for the annual prize: two tickets to Argentina!
• The second Paddle/Ping Pong tournament was held on August 7 in ABSports, Aventura. Our big Thanks to Aerolineas Argentinas for the donation of a ticket to be raffled between the participants!
• We are participating in a new program through the website www.crowdrise.com to raise funds with the help of marathon runners. Anyone that runs marathons can help us only by giving us their contact information and distributing a donation link to their followers. Their friends can show their support by donating. If you know someone who runs marathons, please tell them about this program and give them the opportunity to run for a good cause!
Due to the inflation in Argentina, our economic resources are stressed at the present time. Any contribution will help us maintain our programs up and running. Thanks for joining Sumando Manos.
Thanks everyone to make this happens!. // Gracias a todos por todo el apoyo recibido para lograrlo!
During August, 200+ organizations around the world worked to earn a permanent spot on GlobalGiving // Durante Agosto, más de 200 organizaciones alrededor del mundo trabajaron para ganar un lugar en GlobalGiving.
Outcomes achieved by our project to provide pediatric services in remote zomes of Argentina. // Resultados logrados por nuestro proyecto para proveer servicios pediátricos en zonas remotas de Argentina.
Please see enclosed our last news letter summarizing the activities and achivements reached by our foundation during May and June 2011 thanks to the generosity of all trusting us to be the liaision between the children who needs our help and yourselves. // Por favor vean adjunto un resumen de las actividades y logros alcanzados por nuestra fundación durante los meses de Mayo y Junio 2011, gracias a la generosidad de todos los que confian en nosotros para se el nexo entre los chicos que necesita nuestra ayuda y ustedes.
Thanks for adding your hand to create a better future for the children. // Gracias por sumar sus manos para crear un futuro mejor para los chicos.
SUMANDO MANOS FOUNDATION
People may forget what you said and may forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel, and this is our mission, to make the children feel that they are important and have an opportunity. // La gente podrá olvidar lo que decimos y tal vez podrá olvidar lo que hicimos, pero nunca olvidará como los hicimos sentir, y esa es la mision de nuestra fundacion, hacerle sentir a los chicos, que son importantes y tiene una oportunidad.
The attached link presents and shows where the Recreo Noccan Kani is located, how the responsibles work to help the children and, at the end, includes a message from them to all the people helping through our foundation. The testimonial in the video is in Spanish (local language of the communitiy).