The GECC team at our Chicago Fundraiser in August
GECC is a small, nonprofit doing big things. We've been hard at work in 2016 growing the ECP Training Program and prerparing to launch the new class of ECP students at Masaka Regional Referral Hospital. Here's a quick update of some recent GECC successes:
1. 2015 Annual Report: We published our 2015 Annual Report in June. Highlights include:
- Updates on the new expansion of the ECP Program to Masaka Hospital
- A First: 100% Ugandan Ground Team
- The Global Emergency Medicine Short Course at Masaka
- ECP Graduation at Nyakibale
- Received over $1 million of in-kind donations in 2015
2. 2016 Annual Meeting: GECC held its Annual Meeting in Chicago during the first week of August. It was a very busy few days, but much was accomplished. The team was excited to be together and plan for the coming year as we build up the Masaka ECP Training Program.
3. Lagunitas Brewing Company Fundraising Event: On August 1st, GECC held a funraising event at Lagunitas Brewiong Company in Chicago. The event was coupled with GECC Annual Meeting. Thanks to the generosity and support of those in attendence, we raised over $7,500 that will directly support the training of life saving Emergency Care Practitioners in Uganda! All of us from GECC really enjoyed the great company, delicious beer, and fine Chicago hospitality.
4. In case you missed it, Brian Rice, GECC's Research Director, published an important article in the journal, Pediatrics: Mortality in Children Under Five Receiving Nonphysician Clinician Emergency Care in Uganda.
We are very thankful for all of your support, generosity, and encouragement through the years. It makes this work possible!
Stacey Chamberlain, co-Founder, emcees the event
August 1st fundraiser at Lagunitas Brewery
GECC Annual Meeting