Nutrition program progress report upto February 2021
Currently, our target audience has increased from 130 to 335 children from the AMASHCA, SHILLA and MANCOS communities. We seek to maintain the anemia prevalence at 22% and keep reducing it even more
• In 2021 we began our activities with the children of the schools we took care of during 2020.
• In order to ensure coverage for all children registered for 2021 school year , we have removed the children who finished the 6th grade in 2020 and added new kids who are currently attending Grade 1.
• Children in our target population are 3 - 12 years old.
1. 2,000 kgs of fresh fish distribution once a month thanks to Exalmar
2. Deliver of dairy products providing children the required dosage needed to grow on monthly basis for a year
3. Mision Huascaran recipe book distribution, containing rich in iron recipes collected from a food survey and gastronomic contest carried out in the area . We have a parent leader by town who helps the other parents to improve their cooking skills
4. Coordination to implement heminic bread (rich in iron) to be produced in Amashca in alliance with Bakel and Fundación San Román
5. Nutritional counseling during medical campaigns
6. Pilot plan: Implementation of 40 laying hens pen, to improve nutrition of 35 children from the Utupampa school