Rekha, one of our children in this project
We are very happy to submit the progress report of the project Educate 300 Displaced Children in India!
Thank you so much for each and every supporter for this project for making donation for the welfare of 300 unfortunate Children in Guntur district, Andhra Pradesh India!
We are successfully organizing this project with the support and cooperation from you as well as the government of India and the effective staff members.
First of all we are very success in getting approval and recognized of the project by Government of India under Rajiv Vidya Mission (RVM) for our existing 3 centers and as well as newly started two more centers in October 2011. Thus altogether we have five centers already started and serving the targeted unfortunate children in Guntur city.
- Centre one at Sundaryya Colony of Guntur city started from August 2011, one teacher and one caretaker cum cook has organizing this centre. We have 50 children admitted but 40 children only attending to this centre. This centre a basic need to all children here and facilitating educational needs. We are also providing lunch to the children during afternoon breaks. All the children are not having enough food in their families so they like to get lunch in center. Community also cooperating very well in this area.
- Centre 2 at KVP colony Guntur started from August 2011. Two academic teaches and one cock cum care taker are organsing this centre. 40 children admitted and 34 children are regularly attending to the centre. All the children are from migrating workers families. They stay in temporary huts attending to the works and their children are now attending to the centre to get education. Now children and their families are very happy that children get education as well as lunch here.
- Centre 3 at Siddrtha stone crushers, Boyapalem, this centre also stared from August 2011 and admitted 40 children and now attending 30 children. Here we have one teacher and one care taker organizing. All the families here are going for stone quarry works also some of the elder children going to works. We are not providing lunch here. All children are very weak and poor not having enough food here in this centre.
- Centre 4 newly stared from 15th October 2011 at Dasaripelm of Guntur city. Here 4000 population living in small houses and all the families going for the daily wage works in Guntur city and other factories and auto transportation and mechanical works. Our educational centre providing good opportunity to all the out of school children in this locality. We have admitted 40 children in this centre they are regularly attending to the school. Two teachers and one care taker coordinating this centre. We are not able to provide lunch to the children.
- Centre 5 also we are newly started from 1st November 2011 at Shalom agar of Edlapdu for the migrating families’ children. Here 150 families living without any facilities. We have admitted 40 out of school children into this center. Here is a big challenge for us to get children to sit in the class. All children about 4 to 15 years are not attending any single class early and difficult to attend classes newly. Most of the children already influenced with improper behavior and affected with sickness. Some of the children going for begging and rag picking. No neat and looking very ugly. We definitely have to change their lives through this centre. We appointed one teacher and one care taker for this centre. We did not provide lunch here for these children.
Thus we are very success in this project for empowering unfortunate children through 5 centers. Still we have to start one more centre in Guntur city.
Unfortunately we are not able to get new supporters for this project. We are contacting many people but not getting support. We have lots of hope and confidence to change lives of 300 children through this project. For that we have successfully witnessing by establishing 5 centers within 4 months. Please see some of the new photos with this progress report.
We wish you a very happy Christmas and prosperous New Year 2012 to you and all them members in your family !
Some of the children in KVP colony centre
New centre at Dasripalem children and staff
New centre at Edlapadu children
some of the children attending to our centre
Girls in Dasaripalem centre