Dear Global Giving, Donors and individuals! We want to express our gratitude towards you, and ehant to say that even very small amount of money helps working children to gain knowledge and return to school. Thank you once again
Jul 16, 2007
By Silva Vardanyan - Project leader
The meeting of the staff, volunteers and the children
Project: “Education as a basis of development”
We have begun the preparatory works of the project “Education as a basis of development”. The preparatory works were mainly realized by the assistance of ten volunteers and the main stuff of our organization. Connected with financial difficulties the main actions of our project are being late.
we have implemented the following activities:
1. We have visited schools and have taken addresses of those children who didn’t go to school.
2. We have visited the children’s flats with the purposes of talking with them and their parents about our project we have also taken the addresses of their work places. Those children are mainly single-parent, parentless or children who have handicap parents.
3. We have visited those children’s work places and have gotten acquainted with their working conditions.
4. We have invited those working children to our office for taking interview.
5. With the efforts of our organization volunteers and our beneficiaries we have realized forest and rivers cleaning with the purpose of making closer relationships between them.
6. We have come to an agreement with the headmaster of “Mkhitar Sebastatsy” Educational Complex for the teachers’ choice.
7. We have informed our beneficiary groups about the project “Education as a basis of development” as a result of which the beneficiaries are call us and visit our office turning to us with their problems.
Here is an example of one of our beneficiary’s problems. 16 years old David Hakobyan works in a car washing service 10 hours a day. One day during the work he, by chance, broke one of the machine parts. The employer demanded that David should work 18hours without being paid for his job. It took us much effort to make the employer change his decision. This is only one case taken from hundreds of suchlike. And this is the reason of the necessity of this project.
The preparatory works brought to following results:
1. Children get in touch with us or visit us with different problems.
2. Many problems were revealed connected with working children.
3. Good relationship has been created between the working children, their parents, school, their employers and our organization.
4. During different meetings the working children get acquainted with each other and tell about their jobs.
The preparatory works of the project will be finished soon. The plan of our project hasn’t changed much. For continuing the project we need financial support which will help us to implement our project in Mkhitar Sebastatsi Educational Complex, half correspondence methodical courses for 100 children (12-16 years old) who have serious educational omissions. Besides basic education these children need psychological and juridical aid. We have chosen that school as this is the only one where children receive basic and other vocational education. In order to finish the project we must do the following activities:
1. Teachers’ choice and their retraining for working with those children.
2. The preparation of educational project for teaching those children.
3. The division of the children according to their age groups.
4. Checking their initial knowledge level.
5. Choosing the corresponding psychologist and lawyer.
6. Organizing the main teaching course.
7. Organizing various arrangements.
8. Checking final knowledge level.
The duration of the teaching is 180 days, 100 working children will take part in the project, and the expense for each child is 2,3 $ a day.
After the park cleaning works
A game-quiz organized to check up children’s know ledge after