The Lambi Fund of Haiti welcomes the opportunity to keep our supporters informed about the challenges, progress and learning of our partners. We often share with you the projects and their outcome. We do not stop to share the preliminary work to assess the capacity of the organization and prepare the plan to work with the organization to support its project strategies successfully. Indeed this is a necessary step that foster sustainability. The objectives to reach the sustainabiity goal involves:
1. A full assessment of membership, processes and operations of the community organization.
2. Examining capacity and defining training needed to build organizational capacity with a focus on skills needed for the project planned.
3. Of the 200 applications received on a yearly basis, Lambi Fund of Haiti is able to implement n 12 to 20. This year was most challenging as we completed 28 projects. This occurred because of the major damage suffered by our partners in 2016 post Hurricane Mathew.
4. This process takes nine months to a year as we also attend organizational meetings, monitor community activities and work on the pre-implementation, election of officers and annual meetings if any.
5. The project is then recommended to the board of Directors for funding and the start up date is set.
Currently the Lambi Fund is investigating and assessing the projects listed below in Sustainable Development (SD) and Alternative Economy (AE)
Name of the organization Department/commune Project name Type
A. location in the South
Oganizasyon Fanm Pliche (OFAP) Pliche/Kavayon/Sid Renewal of coffee Production SD
Community of women producing coffee
Mouvman Peyizan pou Pwogrè
2 ème seksyon kominal Aken (MPPDSCA) Aken/Sid Goat Goat breeding SD
Oganizasyon Jèn pou Devlopman
Agrikol Milllet (OJEDAM) Coteaux/Sid Reforestation/credit for farmers SD
Groupe d'appui à la production Nationale Tobèk/Sid Credit for farmers SD
B- Location in Latibonit
Federasyon Plantè Agrikol Mamlad (FEPLAM) Mamalad Soil conservation/protection of Ravin
Asosyasyon Peyizan Dibedou (APD) Dibedou Soil Conservation/Environment SD
Oganizasyon pou Liberasyon Ba Gwomon (OPLB) Gwomon Stockage/Credit SD
Action pour le renforcement
du Dept Communautaire ( ACREDEC) Gwomon Credit for farmers AE
Mityel Solidarite Lanzac (MSL) St Marc Credit for farmers AE
These project will assist rural farmers to sustain their production and contribute to the national food production and food security for the local communities. When you give to these projects, you help plant seeds for long term and you are an active partner that makes a difference. Needless to say, we are appreciative of your generosity, your help and your solidarity. You reached across continents and oceans and touch our lives. THANK YOU.