Thank you for all your support over the last year.
The Mid Day Meal Project has had a great year.
This year we learned about our children's health a lot more and simultaneously learned about how we can make our mid day meal programme a complete health improvement programme.
Over the last 6 months, here are the highlights of our work
- Our analysis showed that, we had 119 students out of 1948 total children who were severly malnourished and their health has improved in the last 3 months
- Parents of these targeted children met with our coordinator and were giving sessions on how to make sure their children get a low cost but high nutrition meal. A total of 84 parents of 119 came for these meetings
Road Map Ahead
The next year will be a very exciting year for us. The Mid Day Meal Programme will now be called the "Dharma Bharathi Mission Student Health Improvement Programme"
As the name suggests, the programme will not only focus on food and mid day meal delivery, but on overall health improvement.
- Along with food every day, the students will have a weekly yoga and activity session
- The schools will be organising an annual sports day in collaboration with DBM
- There will sessions with parents every 3 months to give them knowledge about child and adolescent nutrition along with hygience and health related precautions that need to be taken at home
- The sessions with the children, will focus on, not only hygiene and sanitation, but also have sex education classes for children above age 10.
While doing these activities, we will measure and monitor the health and growth of all the students under the programme.
With support from you donors, larger grant giving organisations, we will be able to reach out and target 2000 additional children, making it a total of 4000 children over 2018-19 academic year who will benefit from the programme.
As always, we look forward to your support.