The Mid Day Meal Program has started across 9 schools this year after we expanded our reach to one more school with the help of your generous donations and support.
Its the start of the new academic year and we have resumed our work in these schools.
We had conducted the follwing activities in the last one month
- Started serving mid day meals in 9 schools in total
- Conducted baseline medical health checkup for children
Plan for the upcoming 3 months
- Conducting sessions with students teaching them how to stay healthy and not eat wrong foods and being hygienic
- Conducting sessions with parents to share information about health and child nutrition to ensure students get better food at home.
May 28, 2019
Gearing up for the start of the year
By Paramjeet Singh - Chairman and President
The Mid Day Meal Program closed with 2443 students across 8 schools getting their meals for the whole year.
Recently we started our expansion effort to start and find new schools in the vicinity that could use our services. We should be able to take our program to a 5 new schools next year.
We are currently undertaking the health impact assessment for last year and working on the data analysis. We shall present it soon
In other updates
- All 2443 students where provided meals every day over the last few months
- New batches will be planned for the new 5 school and food distributions will start in July.
Feb 28, 2019
Year End Updates from the Mid Day Meal Project
By Paramjeet Singh - President and Chairman
The Mid Day Meal Program has been running in full force since the start of the year and we are now close to the end of this academic year
Recently we started our expansion effort to start and find new schools in the vicinity that could use our services. We should be able to take our program to a 3 new schools next year.
Our major update in the last 2 months has been the start of the endline health assessment.
DBM conducts two assessments over the year. One at the start of the academic year in July and then another one in February and March at the end of the year to map progress and impact of the program over the year.
We are really excited to see how this works out. Dr Kohli and his team of doctors have been going school to school to conduct the end line assessment and they are also conducting free health check ups for all the students.
We are very thankful to our staff and the Dr. Kohli & team for taking in this massive effort with ease every time we call.
In the next report, we can look forward to the impact assessment and the change our work has bought over the year.
In other updates
- All 1932 students where provided meals every day over the last few months
- Students who are near the malnourished zone were given deworming tablets and multi vitamins
- Some schools are planning sports team and yoga sessions for their students to boost their health