To all our donor, friends, colleagues and family:
We thank all of you for your support and donations and for the help which you have shown in our efforts to build the shelter for abused girls in Bo, Sierra Leone.
We have good news:
1. We are able to accommodate more girls due to the expansion of the shelter.
2. We have purchased new beds for all the girls.
3. We have corrected the problem with the ravine that caused a great deal of flooding by building a retaining wall to prevent future overflows and flooding.
4. We are investigating purchasing new solar panels but would need to raise funds.
5. We have hired new staff to help us manage the shelter and take care of the residents, which, has been costly, but necessary.
All of the above has cost our group an increased outlay of funds, so we are once again at the point of beginning a new fund raising campaign to help us pay for all the improvements, outlays and expenses. We are grateful that we are now helping more young women as they struggle with the problems that continues to exist in one of the poorest country in the world.
We ask for your assistance and continued good will and hopefully, your generosity will contiue as we continue to grow.
We thank you and appreciate with grateful heart all of what you have done in our work.
On behalf of the abused girls now residing in our shelter (and many more to come as we continue to grow), please accept our heartfelt thanks.