The figures above were from five different Feeding Stations in the Philippines as below :
Now, are you ready for this ? From five feeding stations in 2017, we are happy to inform you that we have expanded our reach to 11 initial Feeding stations (and still growing) this 2018!
We are excited to share with you the new Feeding Stations for #ProjectBaon 2018 , where we will serve hot and nutritious meals to undernourished kids every week :
- Brgy. Coliling, Pangasinan
- Brgy. Tarece Pangasinan
- Bahay Kalinga, Antipolo - a center for CICL kids (Children in Conflict with the Law)
- Sta. Lucia, Cainta, street kids
- Sitio Dumpsite, Antipolo
- Sitio Bababa, Antipolo
- Sitio Batong Dalig, Taytay
- Brgy. Mandalagan, Bacolod- Visayas region
- Libertad Public Market, Bacolod, Visayas region
- Brgy. Calumanggan Negros, Occidental,Visayas region
- Serafin, Davao City, Mindanao region
If you have noticed, we have increased our locations in the Visayas and Mindanao area, where magnitude and severity of malnutrition ranges from High - Very High, based on a survey by the Food and Nutrition Research Institute of the Philippines (prevalence of Stunting from 61-120 months children of 5-10 yrs from 2015) .
Together with your partnership, we are looking forward to make a lasting impact in the lives of almost 400 undernourished kids this year. We continue to serve school age kids, ages 4-12 years old. These are kids belonging to mostly indigent families, and we have families literally living in dump sites. Some of these kids would have only 1 meal in a day, and would feed on only instant noodles and rice. The fathers are construction workers and do not have regular work. Mothers do laundry to earn money or selling vegetables. Some of the children are being raised by single mothers, while some of the couples are very young and yet have many children.
We will share more of the condition of each benefiary in suceeding reports. For now, we'd like to share some of the photos from our #ProjectBaon launch taken earlier this month for the year 2018.
Aside from the meal ingredients , here are the needs we are specifically praying to be met this year :
1. Tables and chairs for the Feeding locations
3. Teaching materials
4. A medical team - who can go with us at least on a monthly basis to the communities to check on the health conditions of the children
5. Proper lunchboxes and cooking utensils
6. Regular supply of vitamins and supplements for the kids.
7. Vehicle - to aid in the delivery of meals to communities where it is not conducive to prepare the meals in the area
From all of us at Reach Out and Feed Philippines, we THANK YOU all for your wonderful partnership and believing with us that these kids deserve a better chance in their future.
Dawn + Feed Philippines team