The Project is all about starting an Early Intervention Center for the detection of hearing impairment in children at an early age.After this, providing them suitable treatment and rehabilitation facilities.Provide early intervention services for 300 children in Hyderabad, ranging from new born babes to two year olds and also to the children of pre school age in three years time period.
1. Number of Children:100 children in the first year will be provided services
2. Key activities:
a) Screening children with hearing impairment
b) Fitting of Hearing Aids
c) Counseling to the parents
d) Speech and Language Therapy
e) Training to mothers
3. Measurable Outcomes
a) Number of children improving in speech and language.
b) Number of children joining main stream schools
c) Number of mothers turning out to be self dependant
4. Time Frame :3 years and continuing
5. Manpower requirement
a) Audiologists, Speech Therapists, Special educators, Counselors, Auditory Verbal Therapists
6. Budget:30 Lakhs
Break up of costs:
1. Infra structure: Sound treated Therapy rooms Rs.4,00,000
2. Infra structure: Hearing testing equipment:Rs.10,00,000
3. Infra structure: Play equipment:1,50,000
4. Reference books for library:50,000
5. Training cost:Rs.2,00,000
6. Recurring cost on manpower and other :12,16,000
The Project is going on well and admissions have begun.We aspire to extend this support to as many children as possible.Thank you all of you to support us in this cause and by making a difference in the life of an hearing impaired underprivileged child.