Loss of TN member, Aminata Ouédraogo:
TN sadly lost one of its members, Aminata Ouédraogo, on Sunday 5th November following an illness. She specialised in crocheting recycled materials. The co-operative’s members are grieving this loss.
TN appealed to several ministries and NGOs with a view to find new public and private markets. We appealed to: CBM, OXFAM, SP/COMUD/HANDICAP and the Ministry for Women and National Solidarity for the Family.
We wrote to the General Director of Town planning, presenting them with a dossier which included our promotional documents. As such, we are still hoping to obtain a subsidised plot of land at a low cost.
We have requested a meeting with the Town Council of the 11th District to discuss our appeal for a plot of land with the Mayor.
Currently, we await the results of these appeals.
We received an order from UK Charity LAFI Burkina for approximately £1,050 worth of TN products. 80% of money from sales (£840) was divided between 17 craftsmen and women. The remaining 20% (£210) is being used to support TN’s operations.
We also received an order from Friends of Burkina Faso for their Peace Statue 2017. This cost them £170 of which £137 is for the craftsman and £34 for TN.
We have had nine catering orders which brought in £2,577.90 of which the expenditure was £1,690.65, leaving a total of approximately £887 profit
Cereal Sales :
We sold in total £283 worth of cereal of which the expenditure was £213.87 leaving a total profit of about £70.
Unfortunately we suffered a big loss of corn- 11 sacs were ruined.
We made £61 profit on equipment hire (tents and chairs).
The result of these sales allowed us to pay some members and contributed towards the running of TN: electricity, rent, Internet, water etc.
The members of the Executive Committee and the Project Committee held several meetings in order to plan the above-mentioned activities and to consider the results.
£700 was raised through a car boot sale and a sponsored run in September for the Workshop fund. Alice will be talking at a Rotary District meeting on Wednesday in the hope of raising further funding.
Despite the difficult socio-economic situation in Burkina Faso, TN continues to fight relentlessly to contribute positively to the improvement of living conditions for its members, as well as for the sustainability of its structure.