Thank You note from Children with Disabilities
Activity Report from 12 June 2014 to 04 September 2014
We would like to extend our sincere gratitude for all the donors for donating our project. We became “Leader” partner now and we were active in Globalgiving from September 2013 till now. Not only this, our projects are now eligible to receive donations not only from Globalgiving but also from the corporate sectors of US like Hilton Honors and Your Cause. Our project reports are visible in the employee giving portals of these organizations. It all have been possible just because of well-wishers like you. It is my great pleasure to let you know that we became eligible for Microsoft Youth Spark Project. That means, there is increased chance of getting advantage from the Microsoft and possible funding opportunity.
Now our aim is to be a “Superstar” partner of Globalgiving for this we need to raise $25000 or more. Hope we shall achieve this status also.
Here are the benefits of being superstar organization:
- Most likely to be recommended to a corporate partner, featured in GlobalGiving social media, and in donor communications;
- Eligibility for donor interaction and events;
- Eligible for future trainings, matching campaigns, and other opportunities special for Superstars.
Great thanks from the side of Patan CBR Organization and from the children with intellectual disabilities, the most vulnerable Children with Disabilities. Hope for your continuing support in the near future also.
Our physiotherapist is happy to be a part of the Globalgiving and has to say this : “ As a physiotherapist, I feel very happy to be a part of the Globalgiving Project. After I have been appointed to this post, everyday I am providing physiotherapy to 6 Children with different types of physical and mental disabilities. I am quite happy to continue the physiotherapy work which once was in stake due to the lack of resources. Thank you everyone for your valuable support to Patan CBR Organization.”
This time we were able to support for the 12 CWDs. The support continued in the sectors like, Lunch for 3 children, Service/education, transportation for 5 children, medicine for 4 children.
- Two additional children with disabilities have been benefitted in medicine sector and education sector.
- 4 Children with Disabilities from the centre participated in the out door sports program organized by Mother’s Society of Intellectual Disabilities. Children enjoyed a lot. Sports activities like running, throwing soft balls are the events of the program.
- As the autistic students are very hyper in behavior, and the educational materials have been torn/ thrown by these types of intellectual disability students, the walls of the autism room has been painted with various fruits, animals, Nepali letters, English letters etc.
- With your support our new physiotherapist is continuing her work. Children with Disabilities are getting regular physiotherapy on daily basis.
- Altogether 4 children, 4 parents got training on bookey making in collaboration with Lalitpur Sub-metropolitan City. Their products have been displayed in closing program amidst a function.
- This time with your help, we were able to manage class rooms with 2 ceiling fans and 4 stand fans along with educational materials. This summer has been good for the children. The classroom walls have been painted in cooperation with international volunteers. With this, new management of the class of the student with disabilities now have good environment to learn.
Also, The School Coordinator from Patan CBR has to say about the project that “ there is improvement in Daily Living Activities of the Children, as a result the family and the stakeholders are also benefitted. These types of services should be continued because these types of children need long term support not short term. Their developments can be seen only after the long time, it can not be compared with the normal children. I and all the staff felt that because of this project, children, and family are regularly getting different rehabilitation facilities. We thank all the donors. Hope to continue the support in the near future also.”
Skill training to Children and Parents
Managing fans to the classes
Classroom activity: study time
Class Activities with new playing materials
Mothers providing physio with new therapist