tent support for parent of a girl with disability
Earthquake special report
On April 25, a massive earthquake measuring 7.8 M destructed many parts of nation and lose of many lives. We went houses of every child to know their situation. We have completed our need assessment now and relief material distribution. Houses of two of our children are completely destroyed and majority of our children need permanent shelter as their houses are not suitable to live. Similarly, many staff also became the victim of earthquake.
Relief material effort
- 13 children along with 1 community people and 1 PCBR driver have been supported with the relief materials like, 1 Wheelchair, 105 packets of noodles, 10 hygiene/sanitary packs, 6 blankets, 7 water-filters in coordination with ECCA, 3 tents, some cash, and daily foodings and clothes.
- The areas covered in this relief distribution are, Lalitpur, Kathmandu and Nuwakot district (North-West of Kathmandu).
- We went to Malta Village, one of the remote district of Lalitpur to support people with disabilities first prioriety over there along with other people.
- We have planned to distribute 8 tents and to make at least 3 temporary shelters for children.
Thank you for all the donors for your kind donation which made us possible to raise some $10,000 from 116 donors!. We are now in the way to be a “Superstar” partner of Global Giving. Due to your continuous support we became Microsoft Youth Spark Project and our report is visible in the staff portal of companies like Hilton Honors and Your Cause, GREAT. These all are possible just because of YOU.
Throughout the whole period from the commencement of the Challenge to now we are able to get at least one donation every month to our project. This indicates your love to our project and it gave us strength to work with these types of needy and marginalized people from the society. Hope your support will continue in the near future also. A BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU.
As usual, this time, even after a year passed, we are able to provide help for the 12 Children with Disabilities as before. We could support for these children in the following sector for this 3 months time, these are
- Lunch for 3 children, Service/education, transportation for 5 children, Medicine distribution for 4 children
Apart from this,
- 13 Children participated in sports program carried out by Patan CBR in coordination with Lalitpur Sub-Metropolitan City. The chief guest of the program Assistant Chief District Officer said “the program is highly appreciable. These types of program will develop the mental and physical state of Children with Disabilities”.
- An outdoor program (Picnic) has been organized for the children, family and field children. This time the spot was choosen at the Tribhuvan Park. Altogether 125 children, family members and field children participated the program
- Also, we organized a one day refresher program for children in Zoo in coordination with Central Zoo. Altogether, 25 children along with some parents participated the program. The program chief of the central zoo expressed that they feel immense pleasure to make visit these types of children and that their responsibility towards the children are fulfilled.
- One day talk program on “Nutrition” was organized in PCBR premises specially targeting to the children of PCBR so that they can be benefited a lot.
Speaking after the program one parent said “I thought that junk foods are better for the children, it is faster and easier for us to eat and also nutrition value is not much low. But now I came to know that it is not good for not only health of children but also for us. For the last 10 years I was providing junk, oily, chilly foods to them which is very bad for our health. Now, I always provide the foods with high vitamins like green vegetables, beans, lentils to my children.
- Children from Patan CBR participated in rally organized by Autism Care Nepal on the occasion of Autism awareness month.
- One day Dental hygiene program has been organized specially for the Children with Disabilities of Patan CBR to boost their health knowledge.
These all are possible with the support of the donors like you. We could continue our program just because you support our cause. Hope your support will continue in the near future also. With GREATHANK YOU.
Tent/food to family with a girl with disability
Going to make a temporary shelter for her family
I came to know about many animals!
Picnic- out door program
Standing frame for needy