Saving lives with naloxone!
We would like to thank you heartly for your generous support of our work - thanks to your donations we were able to sustain our work during a difficult period of the funding gap and further through the year. We were not able to get enough money to buy a mobile van, but at least we have bought very large backpacks for 10 of our 20 outreach workers and volunteers, and it will allow us to carry more materials and brochures to provide to our participants!
we would like to share our annual report for the last year with you - please read about our challenging work on the streets of Moscow!
Heres some highlights in figures:
- Total number of contacts: 2,376 Incl. contacts with women: 624
- First-time contacts: 982 First-time contacts with women: 253
- Distributed syringes: 70,970 Needles: 10,243
- Condoms: 3,369
- Distributed naloxone: 2,062
At least Two Hundred Twenty Three Lives Saved with Naloxone!
- HIV tests / of them positive: 35 / 14
- Hepatitis tests / of them positive: 20 / 15
- Advice on drug treatment: 117
– Advice on HIV and hepatitis prevention and treatment: 77
- Advice on post-injection complications: 231
- Advice on overdose prevention: 294
In the report you will read about our exciting project Street Lawyers - bringing legal aid to the streets of Moscow and about our newspaper for drug users "Shlyapa i Bayan", about our great team and community work and actions to clean the streets of Moscow from syringes. You will also learn about our new initiative of helping the families of drug users to take care of their kids - organizing events and celebrations for them. We hope you will be glad that despite financial difficulties last year, our work continues and expands, to the new people and new areas ! Thank you once again for your support and solidarity!
Our case manager Lena at an outreach location
The magic of Naloxone!
Better health is not so difficult!
Providing information on Hepatitis CAttachments: