Programme Associate - Training and Engagement
GlobalGiving is looking to hire an experienced Programme Associate to join a team focussed on designing and delivering impactful training and community building activities to support our nonprofit partners across the world to strengthen their fundraising. This role will also play a key role in strengthening our portfolio of nonprofit partners within the UK and Europe.
The position will sit within the global Program function and be based in the UK. The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues across the UK, US, Tanzania, the Philippines, China and Mexico.
Design and deliver impactful learning programmes
- Lead design and implementation of virtual and in person training and community building programmes to support nonprofits strengthen their digital fundraising.
- Work closely with the programme team to ground our offerings in the training strategy and shared best practices so as to create an outstanding and cohesive learning experience for GlobalGiving nonprofit partners.
- Support other team members in design and delivery of training and community building programmes.
- With support of the Community Experience Designer, produce relevant and applicable resources and tools to support training and community building programmes across the organisation.
- Continually seek to understand and improve the individual nonprofit’s learning journey and ensure our programming serves our nonprofit partners, especially those facing the toughest barriers to belonging and learning.
- Participate in cross-team coordination, experimentation, and innovation efforts to strengthen our offerings to our nonprofit partners.
Cultivate community and deepen the relationship with nonprofit partners (focussing on UK/Europe)
- Ensure training and learning opportunities honour relationship building and cultivate community along the nonprofit partner’s journey.
- Create and manage opportunities for nonprofit partners to connect, learn, and enrich their work.
- Provide 1-2-1 advice and support to nonprofit partners where relevant on how to raise funds online, access GlobalGiving services and problem solve.
- Support initiatives across the organisation to map and respond to the needs of the nonprofit organisations across the UK and rest of Europe.
- Support organisation efforts to grow and strengthen our portfolio of nonprofit partners within the UK and Europe.
- Account manage and deliver on existing strategic partnerships and create new strategic partnerships in the UK and Europe, which further grow awareness of GlobalGiving’s brand, services, and opportunities.
- As required, line manage volunteers and interns to support the core objectives of the role but also the wider objectives of GlobalGiving.
For our team to be a great fit for you, the following qualifications should resonate with you:
- 2+ years experience delivering community building + training initiatives to a variety of groups, preferably in virtual environments
- Experience in charity sector/international development/ fundraising in the UK and Europe
- Knowledge of best practices and lessons learned around participatory training approaches;
- Experience in using cloud based documentation and training tools such as Google Suite, Zoom Video conferencing
- Excellent communication skills to remotely coordinate with global team members and nonprofits across different cultures and time zones
- Demonstrated comfort using quantitative and qualitative data to understand a problem, enrich a solution, and/or tell a story
- Excellent organizational skills, creativity, and flexibility; ability to multi-task under a deadline, with great productivity and attention to detail
- Considers these as key personal attributes: adaptive, takes initiative, enthusiastic, responsive and a problem-solving approach to new challenges
- A passionate belief in the mission of GlobalGiving and a commitment to our core values.
- Experience in digital fundraising
- Knowledge of effective learning design and theory
- Experience working closely with community-based organisations, evaluating needs and reacting with solutions
- Experience of working with backend digital systems and databases (must be willing to learn - our approach is extremely reliant in digital tools). SQL level data experience.
- Fluency in one or multiple European languages
Salary: £28,000 to £33,000 per annum
GlobalGiving exists to transform aid and philanthropy to accelerate community-led change. Our aim is to develop an alternative model for philanthropy and development that puts communities in the lead. You should be motivated by our mission to do development differently. We are driven by our values: to never settle, remain always open, commit to wow our partners, and listen, act, learn so we innovate and strive for the best.
You will be part of a small but mighty team based in the UK, with colleagues also based in the United States and China and representatives in Mexico, China, Tanzania and the Philippines. We care about using our time, talents, and energy to change the development system by putting people first. We use technology to connect resources and people globally and nurture social connections formed both online and in person.
Benefits of working with us:
- Flexible working hours and inclusive working approach
- Membership to co-working offices (with more than 3000 spaces globally)
- Support towards home working expenses and office equipment
- 5% pension contribution
- Group income protection cover for long term sickness
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and parental leave
- 25 days annual leave + additional one day leave (to a maximum of 5 days) on completion of each service year after first 2 years
- No meeting days and focus on wellbeing
- Professional development budget of up to £500 offered annually
- Celebration vouchers
- Opportunities to travel (when viable)
How to Apply
Interested? Great! Apply by February 6, 2022 using the button below.
Candidates must already have the full legal right to work in the UK without restriction prior to application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.