Senior Program Manager
This position has been filled and we are no longer accepting applications.
Thank you to everyone who applied. We will get in touch soon.
If you are interested in working at GlobalGiving, you can view a list of available positions.
Get emails about available positions at GlobalGiving
We'll email you details about new positions when we add them. Unsubscribe anytime.
Do you want your work to make a positive impact on the world? Do you thrive on making data-driven decisions? Do you enjoy working with people who represent a variety of perspectives and cultures? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager to help guide our online marketplace as we work to grow our non-profit network, while keeping the same high-quality personal relationships and service orientation that make GlobalGiving special.
Benefits include flexible work hours, a convenient downtown DC location, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, "Today, my work helped rescue 97 girls from bonded labor in Nepal." (One of many true stories.) And don't worry - we've also got the usual benefits like health care, dental/vision, commuter benefits, 401K, etc.
- Overseeing and improving the life-cycle of 3,000+ nonprofits (and growing!) that are part of the GlobalGiving network, including developing and carrying out a strategic plan around nonprofit retention and engagement
- Leading a team of three people who work to acquire new and retain current nonprofit partners to achieve financial and engagement goals
- Overseeing web incentive campaigns and content campaigns, designed to drive $3.3 million (and growing) in donations annually
- Organizing and leading online learning and curriculum for GlobalGiving’s nonprofit partners in the areas of online fundraising and nonprofit effectiveness, including GlobalGiving’s annual Online Fundraising Academy and Social Impact Academy
- Coordinating communications with GlobalGiving’s nonprofit partners, including monthly newsletters, blog posts, and online tutorials
- Managing GlobalGiving’s feedback mechanisms such as our annual partner survey, Leadership Council, and Town Hall and leading efforts to incorporate partner feedback into programs
- Overseeing GlobalGiving’s In-the-Field Program, which trains and supports representatives to visit and evaluate GlobalGiving’s partners and to conduct outreach to new organizations in specific countries and regions of the world
- Acting as the primary liaison with GlobalGiving’s Product Team and coordinating Program Team’s efforts to continually develop and improve GlobalGiving's tools used by nonprofit partners to raise funds and to become more effective
- Working with GlobalGiving's Operations team to use data to understand the fundamentals of the GlobalGiving marketplace and to use that understanding to drive product, communications, and engagement strategies
Required Qualifications and Attributes
The person we have in mind will probably have a Master’s degree (but definitely a Bachelor’s) in international development, economics, data systems or a related field. S/he will most likely have worked 6+ years doing something that is directly related to the position described above and has traveled – and ideally volunteered or worked with nonprofits – outside the U.S.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, oral and written, particularly cross-cultural and web-based. Ability to explain complex topics in easy to understand ways.
- Demonstrated ability to develop digital content (including training tools, blog posts, etc.) and to lead product development in collaboration with technical staff.
- Comfort with data analysis, and making data-driven decisions; Knowledge of SQL a plus
- Experience managing a team and cultivating staff’s strengths in service of organizational goals
- Strong operational orientation, project management skill, and focus on quality customer service
- Ability to multi-task under a deadline, with great productivity and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with significant public exposure
- Familiarity with systems designed to manage workflow and relationships with individuals and organizations; experience with Salesforce a plus
- High sense of personal accountability; excellent organizational skills, creativity, and flexibility; comfort working within and improving systems
- Familiarity with the social impact field and what makes nonprofit organizations more effective
- Personal or professional experience in fundraising (particularly crowdfunding) is a strong plus; commitment to GlobalGiving core values a must
This is a full time position located in Washington, D.C. Salary range will depend on skill and experience.
How to Apply
Fill out our online form and upload your resume to apply for this job.
The world is full of problems. GlobalGiving is full of solutions. Solutions run by innovative, grassroots projects and organizations that are working to educate children, feed the hungry, build houses, train women (and men) with job skills, and hundreds of other amazing things.
We run an online charity marketplace that gives social entrepreneurs and non-profits from anywhere in the world a chance to raise the money that they need to improve their communities.
Since 2002, GlobalGiving has raised $198,419,884 from 493,153 donors who have supported 13,263 projects.
For more information, browse our site, find a project that you care about, and see the change that you can make possible.
Our office is located at 1110 Vermont Avenue NW, Washington DC and is just a few blocks from the Farragut North (Red Line) and McPherson Square (Blue, Orange, or Silver Line) Metro stations.
GlobalGiving is the first and largest global crowdfunding community that connects nonprofits, donors, and companies in nearly every country around the world. We make it possible for local organizations to access the tools, training, and support they need to become more effective at making our world a better place.
The GlobalGiving Team
Meet the amazing team of people that work at GlobalGiving. We love what we do and we hope you do too.
Impact To Date
- $198.4 million in donations since 2002
- 13,200 projects have received funding
- 493,100 donors have given
Ranked in Top 10 Companies in DC
"GlobalGiving is truly an amazing organization to work at. The work environment is very open and fosters teamwork and innovation."
"GlobalGiving went above and beyond my expectations for this internship. One of my favorite parts of the experience was just the opportunity to thrive in such a wonderful office culture. This office knows how to get awesome (world-changing) work done as well as have a good time."
"Everything and everyone are so opened to talk, to help or to teach. I came as an intern, but I left as a member of a tight–knit community I will always belong to. My work was really meaningful... Best decision of my life!"
Read more reviews on Glassdoor.com